Confirmed with Link: Calvert signs with Colorado l 3 years 2.8M AAV

Youngblood29

Jul 3, 2018
I would like to ask, what people thinks about Matt Calvert?
I know it has "only been" 8games but stats currently are 0+0 and +/- is also 0.

I know we cannot just look up the points when we are talking about 3rd line winger so that is why, I am asking your opinion of his overall game.
How you see he has played? What he is giving to us, is he giving anything?

Because I cannot say anything, even tough I have watched the games.
I am not here to insulting him, just wanted to ask if there something I have not seen.

He is getting near 3million/year and we need some depth scoring because the forward core is so much depenging on our first line.
We got it last year from Comeau and Söderberg, which actually has 5points so far..
But what to do with Matty? Is he playing well or should we do some changes?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I know we cannot just look up the points when we are talking about 3rd line winger so that is why, I am asking your opinion of his overall game.

I am not here to insulting him, just wanted to ask if there something I have not seen.

He is getting near 3million/year and we need some depth scoring because the forward core is so much depenging on our first line.
We got it last year from Comeau and Söderberg, which actually has 5points so far..

I think we all knew he wasn't going to score much, so this isn't any surprise. He offers speed, physicality, and defensive ability in a depth role. I'll admit that, yeah, he's overpaid but I don't think the contract is really that bad. I lamented the signing when it happened and am still not overly thrilled with it, but I've liked him in a 4th line role. But I don't like him in a 3rd line role at all--there he's struggled a bit. Overall I think he'll be fine. I think he's never topped 13 goals or 24 points in a single season so he's definitely not a guy who will light the lamp often, however, he's a capable enough puckhandler, unlike Gabriel Bourque.

It's kinda remarkable he's zeroes across the board though. :laugh:

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
To be fair, he's not exactly playing with Rocket Richard trophy winners either.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

He is playing as well as advertised. Wont be a consistent scorer, so not surprised he doesnt have any points. Also wouldnt be surprised if he gets several soon. But he is a great grinder and his lines usually grind out any type of minutes well enough for our team to protect leads or rest our top players from hard competition

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
Calvert - Jost - Andrighetto for a good third line. Wilson - Söderberg - Nieto for the moments first line loses the puck somehow. Support wheels for Burkah, Comfy and Curfew in the shape of getting ice time in offensive zone. Allfix? - RaMaLaMa! (Rantanen, MacKinnon and Landeskog).
Imagine that with Za, Ba (or Ma) and Va

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I think this guy is extremely average, 4th line fodder crap and I’m not afraid to admit it. Didn’t like the signing when it was made, almost $3m for a total plug is insane. He has hands of an AHL grinder, and he’s not really that good defensively. He just has hustle. Pretty garbage player, IMO.

Reactions: Avs44

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I think this guy is extremely average, 4th line fodder crap and I’m not afraid to admit it. Didn’t like the signing when it was made, almost $3m for a total plug is insane. He has hands of an AHL grinder, and he’s not really that good defensively. He just has hustle. Pretty garbage player, IMO.

I think people might overrate him because visually he superficially looks kind of good much of the time -- always on the screen hustling around. Also means you hear his name a lot when he's out there. But he's not actually very effective and doesn't seem to accomplish all that much, other than sometimes screwing the other team up in their own zone for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad