Confirmed with Link: Calvert re-signed for 2 years

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I agree with all of the above. Plus he will still be an RFA when it expires giving us another good shot at re-signing him into his UFA years if we desire.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Just saw the news on NBC Sports...congratulations Columbus Blue Jays!:laugh:

BIkeW_aCYAAqOtp.jpg_large.jpg

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Howson would have probably given him $2.5 million AAV.

I don't like your assumption. Care to make an actual case for it? Maybe there was a pattern of over-payment, I'll believe it when someone shows it to me.

Oh, and because someone has insulted Howson I must make my obligatory pro-Howson statement: If we didn't have Howson to pluck Calvert out of the 5th round, there wouldn't be a Calvert for Jarmo to sign.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
the letestu rule: if you don't outscore letestu you have to sign for less.

Thank God there isn't an Umbie rule :laugh:

PS Major the above comments, as was the one about the Howson signing Calvert for 2.5 mill are sarcasm you should work on identifying it. Shows up a lot around here. :nod:

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I don't like your assumption. Care to make an actual case for it? Maybe there was a pattern of over-payment, I'll believe it when someone shows it to me.

Oh, and because someone has insulted Howson I must make my obligatory pro-Howson statement: If we didn't have Howson to pluck Calvert out of the 5th round, there wouldn't be a Calvert for Jarmo to sign.

Are you honestly arguing that if Howson didn't pick Calvert in the 5th round, Calvert would cease to exist?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Are you honestly arguing that if Howson didn't pick Calvert in the 5th round, Calvert would cease to exist?
No. We'd be unable to sign Calvert because he wouldn't be a Blue Jacket.

Why can't folks be impressed with JK's work so far without bashing Howson? It's really inappropriate, and it doesn't exactly do JK any favors w/r/t evaluating him. What he's done so far has been good enough without this kind of mishegaas.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I like this signing. It also seems indicative that the upcoming reduction of the salary cap is having an impact on these new contracts. I'm sure JK is doing a nice job signing these guys but keep in mind we aren't talking about the top of the roster that will command big money. Great signing and still evident of the leverage teams apparently have on RFA's and their 2nd contracts. The Letestu deal still strikes me as a really good one for an upcoming UFA....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad