Value of: Calle Jarnkrok

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Sam Bennett for Jarnkrok?
I don't know why, but for some reason watching some playoff games I've decided I really like Bennett. I thought he played with a lot of grit, and he's young and retainable, he would definitely fit for me in the category of younger players who might benefit from a change of scenery. I'd trade Jarnkrok for Bennett.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If Yall can see the Preds game tonight, ALL the trade bait is in top spots.
I feel like it's better if we don't advertise... under Hynes.

So um, yeah, pay no mind to tonight's game, shoppers. The players are all better than they are gonna look in this looming catastrophe.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I feel like it's better if we don't advertise... under Hynes.

So um, yeah, pay no mind to tonight's game, shoppers. The players are all better than they are gonna look in this looming catastrophe.

GMs know better, they have scouts out to see if the player will 'fit the system', and/or 'look healthy enough to play'.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Jarnkrok works better as a winger, he hasn't played center regularly in years. The guy you want from us is Haula, if you want to upgrade at 3C.

I'd be fine if we got a 3rd from Haula. Jarnkrok's worth more, since he has another year left on his cheap deal.

Yeah. If I’m a playoff team looking to load up for a run, I’m not really looking at Jarnkrok if it’s a #3C I need. I don’t think that’s the ticket. I’d look for someone else. Be that Haula, or shopping somewhere else entirely.

I’d be looking at adding Jarnkrok as a great cost effective top-9 Swiss Army knife winger who can play all situations and even take some face offs. But I’d be pencilling him in strictly as a winger...and just look at his ability to play centre in a pinch, as more of a bonus and “insurance policy” sort of thing. Which is always nice to have in your back pocket during a playoff grind where injuries can pile up. I’d just want that to be a backup plan, not the primary agenda going in.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah. If I’m a playoff team looking to load up for a run, I’m not really looking at Jarnkrok if it’s a #3C I need. I don’t think that’s the ticket. I’d look for someone else. Be that Haula, or shopping somewhere else entirely.

I’d be looking at adding Jarnkrok as a great cost effective top-9 Swiss Army knife winger who can play all situations and even take some face offs. But I’d be pencilling him in strictly as a winger...and just look at his ability to play centre in a pinch, as more of a bonus and “insurance policy” sort of thing. Which is always nice to have in your back pocket during a playoff grind where injuries can pile up. I’d just want that to be a backup plan, not the primary agenda going in.
Liked, but that said, I haven't seen anything from Haula yet that would make me take him --- for any reason --- over Jarnkrok. Even if I was looking for a #3C. 3c is not the perfect fit for Jarnkrok, as you've aptly described. But at least Jarnkrok can play. Haula... ehhhh... not sure. Maybe it's just our tornado of chaos atm, but he doesn't look like he'll do anything, anywhere you put him in the lineup. :dunno:

Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Liked, but that said, I haven't seen anything from Haula yet that would make me take him --- for any reason --- over Jarnkrok. Even if I was looking for a #3C. 3c is not the perfect fit for Jarnkrok, as you've aptly described. But at least Jarnkrok can play. Haula... ehhhh... not sure. Maybe it's just our tornado of chaos atm, but he doesn't look like he'll do anything, anywhere you put him in the lineup. :dunno:

Yeah. Fair. Really, I’d probably be looking somewhere else if it’s that solid #3C I need. Haula hasn’t seemed quite the same to me for a while now, and he’s never really been a matchup center defensively.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Echoing this, both players sound like they're in the same position (3rd line level players but had been relegated to 4th line or press box).

Jarnkrok is averaging over 14 minutes per game and he's been injured, but not a healthy scratch to my knowledge. Anyway, can't imagine Nashville would have any interest in that swap (they certainly shouldn't).

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Jarnkrok is averaging over 14 minutes per game and he's been injured, but not a healthy scratch to my knowledge. Anyway, can't imagine Nashville would have any interest in that swap (they certainly shouldn't).

What would the add have to be? Something like Gaudette + Virtanen for Jarnkrok and Trenin (can't do straight up AG for CJ alone due to cap)? Didn't realize how versatile CJ is (2nd unit PP, 1st unit PK) and he's got such a good shot and vision but if the Predators' only untouchables are Josi/ Ellis/ Rinne then I hope my team's GM comes knocking for such a value add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad