Calle Jarnkrok

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Right now, looks like a real good #3 two way center that makes all the right plays. His upside is the same but #2 center potential. Can't see him being more than a 35 point player but his role really isn't to be a high skill guy, even though he shows some of that on occasions.

Some people will tell you he isn't what he is hyped up to be, but don't mind them. I love the way he plays and really think he is a key player moving forward, some only judge point totals but he is a really good hockey player. Check out the games against the Hawks when Fisher was out, a little bit of what we can look forward to. Best couple of games I've seen him play

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I'm going to disagree with RCola's sentiment on him. I think he's too small to be effective. If he puts on some weight while gaining strength, I think he can be an effective player but at this point, he is easy to knock off the puck and his offensive game is going to need work. He has a good shot but takes way too long to get his shot off. While we see glimpses of great play, they are too few and far between to think he'll be a major contributor in years to come. I think he maxes out a number 3 center, at best. While his hockey IQ is off the charts, the physical part of his game may be lacking.

Flip side to this is if he can follow a similar path to what Ryan Ellis has done but do it at the forward position, he could have a higher ceiling. Ellis has an IQ off the charts and it took him a while to figure out the game at the highest level and maybe Jarnkrok will do the same. I just don't see it happening though.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Yeah, he fit Trotz's system very well. He has the potential to fit Lavy's, but he was just really weak with the puck. I like his skill and game. If he can continue to add strength, he can be a number 3 for many years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I see Calle as a 20 goal scorer in 2 more seasons. His career path looks similar to Ribs. Whether he is still in the NHL at 34 years old, remains to be seen.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Don't really see the upside others see in him. I think he'll top out as a 25-35 point 3rd liner. He needs to build some serious strength in the next year or two if he's going to wind up a consistently effective player, as I don't think he possesses enough pure skill to do so otherwise.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
His upside is limited by not only being small but being weak on the puck as well and in the NHL where there isn't any room that is an issue. He has good skill and a good shot but he can't create space to use these skills most the time.

That being said he had a wonderful playoff series against Chicago. I don't know what it was he was doing different but Lavy was really leaning on him some games, like the triple OT game, and he was really playing some good hockey. I saw his confidence soar in that series. Yes, the fact that Chicago is not a super physical team probably played a part in him looking better in that series but hopefully his confidence will carry over into next season.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
His upside is limited by not only being small but being weak on the puck as well and in the NHL where there isn't any room that is an issue. He has good skill and a good shot but he can't create space to use these skills most the time.

That being said he had a wonderful playoff series against Chicago. I don't know what it was he was doing different but Lavy was really leaning on him some games, like the triple OT game, and he was really playing some good hockey. I saw his confidence soar in that series. Yes, the fact that Chicago is not a super physical team probably played a part in him looking better in that series but hopefully his confidence will carry over into next season.

Confidence plays a decent role in the NHL with all the guys being so skilled and such, every little bit helps.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Jarnkrok was great against Chicago, if he can play that way consistently he could top out as a decent #2C. That being said, it's looking like he's going to be a good #3C. He has very good IQ as others said but needs to put on some weight.

That being said, I think he could be the Preds long-term solution at the #3C position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad