Call Your Shot! (2020 Draft Edition)

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
1. Sens get Byfield after the Kings take Disco Stutzle.

2. Dorion reaches to take Dylan Peterson with the 28th pick.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With nothing to do the past several months, PD's been perusing the HF Sens board and offers scouting employment to 3 HF Sens regulars based on all the research and debate he's encountered here. The press release reads the Senators are trying to make a commitment to the community and are proud of their ability to offer employment to the local community in these pandemic times. All three are immediately terminated after the draft for arguing incessantly to include Brannstrom in trade proposals to move up four spots in the draft. The press release noting the terminations mentions the new hires not living up to the team's core values.
After which the team somewhat desperately reaches out for JD1 to join them as he has demonstrated he is one of the very few exemplary human beings able to live up the special standard of core values set by the team owner and financier, Mr. Eugene Melnyk.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Aside from the two first (mostly) obvious picks, which imo will be Stutzle and Drysdale(although I'm hoping it's Rossi at 5), my bold prediction is they trade Isles 1st + a few 2nds + roster player for a pick in the teens and snag either Guhle, Schneider or Jarvis.

Reactions: Cosmix

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Rossi and Quinn at 3 and 5 cause Melnyk wouldn’t approve travel for scouts plus cancelled their internet / TV subscriptions so those are the only players they viewed. Everyone else also happens to play for the 67’s or Gatineauu

maybe toss in a few North Dakota boys based on scouting from JBD and Pinto

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
Sens trade NYI 1st DOWN for 2 seconds.

In later round, they trade up for some off the board Euro or US high schooler.

Dorion misses the boat and doesn’t weaponize cap space. Avoids shortening Cup contending window.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I wonder if Anaheim or Jersey would entertain the thought to trade their 6/7th for 28 + 33 +51 + 59

Sens leave with Byfield/Stutzle + Raymond/Drysdale + Rossi/Perfetti/Sanderson

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I wonder if Anaheim or Jersey would entertain the thought to trade their 6/7th for 28 + 33 +51 + 59

Sens leave with Byfield/Stutzle + Raymond/Drysdale + Rossi/Perfetti/Sanderson
No way that trade happens, but I'm drooling at the thought of Stutzle(3), Drysdale(5) and Sanderson(6) turning into our own version of Petterson(5), Makar(4) and Heiskanen(3)

Reactions: Cosmix

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
- We draft Byfield with 3rd
- Trade our #5 to move down to #6/7 gain another top prospect
- Gain another 1st round pick with using some of our 4 of the remaining 2nd/3rd round picks
- Logan Brown gets traded for a 2nd and a B prospect who ends up being better than him in the end.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
After which the team somewhat desperately reaches out for JD1 to join them as he has demonstrated he is one of the very few exemplary human beings able to live up the special standard of core values set by the team owner and financier, Mr. Eugene Melnyk.

They can't afford me

You must be a military guy and weren't issued a sense of humour

Reactions: Sweatred
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Prediction A: A bunch of picks are going to be traded for low salary, high cap hit players.
Prediction B: Usual suspects will flood the board saying how this is such a good idea and not just Melnyk being cheap.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Rossi and Quinn at 3 and 5 cause Melnyk wouldn’t approve travel for scouts plus cancelled their internet / TV subscriptions so those are the only players they viewed. Everyone else also happens to play for the 67’s or Gatineauu

maybe toss in a few North Dakota boys based on scouting from JBD and Pinto
I heard they had to use McDonald's Wi-Fi, but then the dining rooms closed, so they settled on the locals.

Reactions: harrisb and bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Scenario #1:
Byfield C, Sanderson LD & use the NYI pick to trade up for Schneider RD.

Scenario #2:
Stutzle LW, Lundell C & use the NYI pick to trade up for Guhle LD or Schneider RD.

Reactions: Sweatred

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I honestly wouldn't mind if they just trade all the picks for roster players.
Other than 3 and 5, our picks don't have great odds of becoming NHL players.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Scenario 1 - Stutzle Raymond small trade up for Foerster

Scenario 2?- Byfield Quinn trade with Edmonton to take Mercer with a deal to send a 2nd and Nilsson LTIR to Toronto for Andersen

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
#3 - Stutzle
#5 - Sanderson

#28 - Pick is traded.

Not sure if its to move up or move back or for a player, but I feel its going to get dealt in some way.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Scenario 1 - Stutzle Raymond small trade up for Foerster

Scenario 2?- Byfield Quinn trade with Edmonton to take Mercer with a deal to send a 2nd and Nilsson LTIR to Toronto for Andersen
What's the big deal with Foerster ? I would not be trading up for him personally... If hes there at 28 which he very well could be I'd consider him

Reactions: bert

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
What's the big deal with Foerster ? I would not be trading up for him personally... If hes there at 28 which he very well could be I'd consider him
I think he fits the mould of a Sens pick and if he’s there at 25-26 I could see them moving up. I like him as a trigger man on a PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->