Call up Rattie?

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
I'm fine with Rattie playing.

It's not like he's 5'6 120, I mean he's borderline 6'0 170. I'm not worried about him gettin pushed around, especially since he's not the type of player that plays the body.

Last edited:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Rattie just got called up and will play a top-6 role and on the PP, per the Blues Twitter account.

But, but...he's going to get eaten alive!

I think he'll do fine...plus, he's not 170 as another poster indicated, as that is an outdated stat. He weighed in at 183 to begin the AHL season (I'm sure he's lost 5 pounds since the beginning of the season though).

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri

I think he'll do fine...plus, he's not 170 as another poster indicated, as that is an outdated stat. He weighed in at 183 to begin the AHL season (I'm sure he's lost 5 pounds since the beginning of the season though).

Trial by fire, not many other alternatives right now.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Early in the season we all discussed who would get called up and under what circumstances the call-up would occur. We pretty much all agreed that Rattie would be called up if a certain number of players and a certain type (bottom 6/top 6) of player went down with injury.

That scenario has manifested. No matter what I think about it, Rattie is here and let's hope for the best.

Frankly, I agree with both sides that Rattie is not physical enough nor is he a big dude. He's got 6 feet, but is kinda small for his height. But he needs to find out exactly where he stands regarding his NHL potential. Now is the time to get him in St. Louis to find out what he has and what he does not have.

I'm excited, but a little scared that he might get creamed. Chances are high that he will get creamed at least once and the fear will go away once he gets back up and skates on.

I feel bad for all of the injured players, but such is life in the NHL.

Welcome to the big leagues, Ty Rattie!!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

EXACTLY! He was last listed as 178. So, he's about 5:11 & 1/2 and roughly 180 lb. After this summer of working with Nelson Ayotte, he'll probably end up close to 190. More importantly, he'll be a LOT stronger. And his couple of games played in The NHL, and his practising with The Blues, will show him what to strive for in those areas. He has looked good, so far. He has made a few good hits, and held his own against physical contact (despite getting squeezed off the puck a few times-he has roughly broken even in his puck battles).

It's too early to tell if he'll be able to earn a spot on The Blues' NHL roster at the start of next season, as that will depend highly upon which forwards are let go, who is signed and all of their salaries/ But, I'm sure we'll see him in The NHL for a substantial portion of 2014-15.

He is a natural goal scorer, who has scored well at all levels he has played. He has great offensive instincts, positioning for shots, shot choice, avoiding defences, different shot type skills, etc. The Blues need his skills. I can't see him staying much longer in The AHL 9maybe 25-30 games, IF The Blues are stacked on the wing. But, I don't know if that will happen. He may be better equipped to stay up than Jaskin, IF Jaskin doesn't improve his skating over the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad