Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
From what I can tell the only nerf of the RPG was they reduced the radius that it would be a "one shot kill" with full armour on, which I fully support. I just cant justify not using it at all times in the second slot if I'm running anything other than my M4 10 round Socom clip setup. Its insanely valuable not only for picking off people zipping around on ATV's and vehicles on the later circles, but teams toward the end game tend to be holed up in houses or rooms cramped together with the Recon/UAV meta, and it's just the perfect tool to clear them out. I'll always have an extended mag on my primary Grau or M4 if I'm running an RPG so being short on ammo has never been an issue.

And I almost jumped up in excitement at the addition of actual primary assault and SMG weapons in the Gulag:laugh: To hell with the magnum

Sep 19, 2008
A "major announcement" was teased for May 21 and might happen in 34 minutes

thumbnail

rumor is it might be a map remodel or the new COD preview

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Youtube streamer, I've forgotten his name (xfactor, xcelfactor?) has been doing weapons test after the patch and suspects the RPG may have actually been buffed in certain respects and not nerfed. Supposedly he will put out a video soon with his results but that would be insane considering how effective it is now.

TheXclusiveAce

Basically the RPG splash damage at it's outer radius has been reduced slightly, but actually now you don't need a direct hit to completely crush armour and health. You can hit near their feet and down them with full armour. So it's probably been buffed more than anything else.

Weird decisions at IW. Along with a more serious damage nerf, there should be a slightly longer reload time and less max ammo.

Sep 19, 2008
I was flying the chopper today that someone had left behind and I was flying up and someone parachuted straight into the chopper blades :laugh:

I've seen people get hit by cars before in game which counted as deaths but that one was hilarious :laugh: He just flew in :laugh:

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Can't believe I didn't realize until now you can slap trophy systems on to your vehicles. I could have avoided many ridiculous instant squad wipes.

Sep 19, 2008
Would not object to them

- nuking or severely limiting Downtown as it is just a bunch of buildings in close proximity which leads to a lot of hiding, camping and sniping

- nuking the Hospital down which is also just a large building with a ton of levels

- taking down the airport tower which is full of snipers

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Downtown really is the worst. I don’t really have a problem with the other areas you mentioned, but if Downtown turned to rubble I sure wouldn’t shed any tears. I like sniping and even I hate that area. Even if you snipe a guy on one of the buildings they’re always going to get revived. Most of those guys don’t bother putting on plates after they’ve been knocked either so they don’t waste them. You’re really just wasting ammo and putting yourself at risk by trying to snipe them because you’ll never get the kill.

Along the same lines, I wouldn’t mind if they added a mode with no revives. Keep the Gulag, but if you go down you’re dead. I don’t know of any BR that does that(though I’m sure there is one) but I would definitely like it. I absolutely hate knocking a guy, putting 5 more shots into him while he’s down and still not getting the kill. You get WAY too much health when you’re knocked in this game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Agreed. The amount of health you have while down is ridic. I'm guessing that will never be changed though.
+1 here.

You shouldn't be able to survive a C4 while downed (though the amount of damage explosives do when you've got armour in general is pretty sad).

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm surprised the airport tower hasn't already been addressed. It's the best position on the entire map by far. 1 person can hold the tower against an infinite number of enemies since the only way up is the elevator shaft and the elevator shaft only allows one person up at a time. The only way to attack that position is to parachute directly into the tower windows from a helicopter (which is a ton of fun when done properly).

Also got my (I should say our since I always play with the same people) 40th quads win yesterday. :dd:

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Damn I only have two wins, and both were two man teams in quads.

Had 100+ in Blackout but I find Warzone extremely hard to win.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Anyone have a tip on how to outrun the gas on Xbox? I have double time and I switch to my smg, if I have one, yet I seem to be running in slow motion and the gas just catches up to me. So annoying late game when the map is small and your fighting someone on the edge only to win the gun fight but get killed by the gas.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Anyone have a tip on how to outrun the gas on Xbox? I have double time and I switch to my smg, if I have one, yet I seem to be running in slow motion and the gas just catches up to me. So annoying late game when the map is small and your fighting someone on the edge only to win the gun fight but get killed by the gas.

If it's late game gas you have to plan your moves ahead of time. Also remember the gas doesn't move at a uniform speed. Let's say you are east of the circle and there is a ton of space between where the gas is and the closest part of the circle to you - that gas is going to move in on you extremely quickly. If you're west of the circle in a tiny sliver of space between the gas and the closest part of the circle you can hang out right where you are for quite some time before the gas closes you off. Took me a while to get the feel for that and now I can move with the gas really well.

If it's early game and you have to cover a lot of ground I've often just dropped one of my heavier weapons and sprinted with my fists to get in safely. I usually run SMG and RPG and I have no problem dropping my RPG to get extra movement speed. I'll do it sometimes also if I have to cross a ton of open ground or if I need to complete a contract very quickly.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Damn I only have two wins, and both were two man teams in quads.

Had 100+ in Blackout but I find Warzone extremely hard to win.

I can't play with randoms anymore. Two out of my main four regiment members have been working almost non-stop due to the protests here in NYC so I've only played maybe an hour or two the past few weeks. If you don't have a group with good communication and chemistry you are at a massive handicap, especially in quads. Almost every game when I look at the top ten squads they are usually all clanmates.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
I can't play with randoms anymore. Two out of my main four regiment members have been working almost non-stop due to the protests here in NYC so I've only played maybe an hour or two the past few weeks. If you don't have a group with good communication and chemistry you are at a massive handicap, especially in quads. Almost every game when I look at the top ten squads they are usually all clanmates.
Pretty much. Been reading about randoms who quit after a kill or gulag. All the streamers I watch are teams or 3 or 4 where there's always communication and nobody quits cause they died.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'm surprised the airport tower hasn't already been addressed. It's the best position on the entire map by far. 1 person can hold the tower against an infinite number of enemies since the only way up is the elevator shaft and the elevator shaft only allows one person up at a time. The only way to attack that position is to parachute directly into the tower windows from a helicopter (which is a ton of fun when done properly).

Also got my (I should say our since I always play with the same people) 40th quads win yesterday. :dd:

You have to leave it to get ammo though. Your kills are too far away and there’s not much loot around it. It’s a fun spot but not very effective for winning imo.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
You have to leave it to get ammo though. Your kills are too far away and there’s not much loot around it. It’s a fun spot but not very effective for winning imo.

Don't care about kills. Don't care about loot. My squad shares all it's ammo.

If I'm in the tower I've usually completed 4 or 5 recons already and have my loadout, gas mask and whatever other equipment I want. It's a good staging area and also a good launching point if the final circle is near the busted plane directly south of the tower, which it often is (moreso in the prior season than this season). If my squad does find itself needing money or equipment there's almost always a recon that spawns on top of the circular roof area surrounding the tower which takes you into the near side of the airport or scavengers that spawn in the small village to the north east. We'll have one squad member parachute down to complete the recon or parachute from the tower all the way to the village, bang out the scavenger contract solo while someone provides cover and recon from the tower windows and than just come back. There's also usually a buy crate right outside the tower. I've won at least 5-6 games from the tower.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Picked up the grenade launcher from an orange loot box yesterday for the first time. I was beginning to think it didn't even really exist.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Don't care about kills. Don't care about loot. My squad shares all it's ammo.

If I'm in the tower I've usually completed 4 or 5 recons already and have my loadout, gas mask and whatever other equipment I want. It's a good staging area and also a good launching point if the final circle is near the busted plane directly south of the tower, which it often is (moreso in the prior season than this season). If my squad does find itself needing money or equipment there's almost always a recon that spawns on top of the circular roof area surrounding the tower which takes you into the near side of the airport or scavengers that spawn in the small village to the north east. We'll have one squad member parachute down to complete the recon or parachute from the tower all the way to the village, bang out the scavenger contract solo while someone provides cover and recon from the tower windows and than just come back. There's also usually a buy crate right outside the tower. I've won at least 5-6 games from the tower.

Didn’t realize you were talking about it for an endgame. Yeah that makes sense. I’ve played a few hundred games and think I’ve seen it end near the tower only a handful of times but that’s just my experience.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012

Pretty careful wording there. Doesn’t say that season four launches tonight, just says “new content” is live, which could mean just about anything. I hope it’s Season 4, but I’m curious why they worded it like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad