Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Warzone continues to be awful since the Cold War devs took over. Not a coincidence.

Why? whats going on?

I have moved over to the Mini Royale and it has been a blast. sitting at 29 wins and roughly a 1.3 K/D. only issue I am having is the odd time the game freezes for a slight second when I am selecting my loadout from the crate.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Why? whats going on?

I have moved over to the Mini Royale and it has been a blast. sitting at 29 wins and roughly a 1.3 K/D. only issue I am having is the odd time the game freezes for a slight second when I am selecting my loadout from the crate.
Where to start?
1) Cheating is out of control still, possibly worse than ever.
2) the frozen loadout glitch. This has been happening for months and I’ve died getting my loadout.
3) The dev errors. People get dev error 6635 (there’s another one too) and get booted from the game for no reason. This has been going on for a month and no fix and happens over and over again.
4) it seems slightly fixed now but the DMR meta was/is a nightmare
5) Stim glitch, somehow, keeps coming back
6) the lobby issue where apparently people who have bought more cosmetic stuff are given weaker lobbies

I haven’t played Cold War and don’t plan on it but Warzone has just been a mess since Infinity Ward was taken off of it.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Where to start?
1) Cheating is out of control still, possibly worse than ever.
2) the frozen loadout glitch. This has been happening for months and I’ve died getting my loadout.
3) The dev errors. People get dev error 6635 (there’s another one too) and get booted from the game for no reason. This has been going on for a month and no fix and happens over and over again.
4) it seems slightly fixed now but the DMR meta was/is a nightmare
5) Stim glitch, somehow, keeps coming back
6) the lobby issue where apparently people who have bought more cosmetic stuff are given weaker lobbies

I haven’t played Cold War and don’t plan on it but Warzone has just been a mess since Infinity Ward was taken off of it.

Ya. I have ran into a few cheaters for sure. I find that the mini royale eliminates a fair bit of that as it lowers the player number considerably. I havent been back to Verdansk in a while now.

I hate the frozen loadout glitch. I have been lucky so far not to die at the loadout but I have died a few seconds later leaving it which may have been avoided as I could of ran to cover with those few extra secons.

Have not ran into the dev error but my buddy with his new ps5 gets kicked quite a bit it seems. at least once in a 2 hour gaming session which is one to many imo.

DMR meta was gross. I am more pissed I leveled it all up maybe a day before they nerfed it lol. Now it just sits in my last loadout spot.

interesting. I also have heard via watching youtubers that your first few games of your session you get put in easier lobbies as well. I think I am just over level 300 now so I am not sure what type of lobbies I am getting but if I am playing with friends we usually place 1-4 on the regular. I just bought the clown skin the other day (first skin purchase ever lol) so maybe I can add to the lists of Ws ha. I also find that not many streamers/youtubers play the Mini royale or anyting rebirth island as it doesn't create long enough content for their videos so that may be why I feel that I am not encountering high caliber players, stream snipers or cheaters as much anymore.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is mini Royale a full time thing or is it just a temporary playlist?

That sounds far more tolerable that regular Battle Royale if it has duos so me and my buddy can play that

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Is mini Royale a full time thing or is it just a temporary playlist?

That sounds far more tolerable that regular Battle Royale if it has duos so me and my buddy can play that

So far for the rebirth island map it alternates between Mini royle and a Rebirth mode which you get to respawn with no gulag into the map for a certain amount of time as long as one of your teammates is alive. both modes are a blast and the games are much shorter than the normal battle royal in verdansk.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
The frozen load out glitch is annoying for sure. The DMR nonsense was a headache also.

that said I’m still having a blast idk. Sitting at almost 40 verdansk wins with about an 8% win rate right now.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm kind of done with Warzone. I play quads with three buddies. One is pretty decent, the other two have a .25 and .30 KD. So they basically get 0 kills. If they do, it's in the gulag. So basically we never win.

If I play Duos with my buddy, we constantly get put in lobbies we have no business being in. If we get our loadout we are lucky.

I have a 1.39 KD in Warzone which is above average I think but it's been tanking basically since Season 6 because I'm getting destroyed constantly. 10 wins in 1000+ games lmao. :(

Maybe they just need a new map or something and that would help. But it's mostly the matchmaking that is extremely frustrating. It's the opposite of casual.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I started playing Cold War on Next Gen Xbox after Destiny 2’s PvP went into the toilet, and love it. I can switch back and forth between playing with PC players or not. You don’t see as many hackers becuse it’s paid and it’s really nice.

I played Warzone once on PC and ran into so many hackers that I uninstalled it. It was as bad as Destiny 2 was on PC.

The rule of thumb is that if you want to play hacker free PvP, play it on console.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Just throwing this out there. Playing Multiplayer forces me to almost exclusively use thermal scopes because my old man eyes can't see ANYONE long distance, especially when they are head glitching and laying flat on their belly.

The only maps I run and gun with SMG's are Raid and Nuketown if I feel like it, but in the current state thermal scopes are a must for me.
Tiger team spotlight is a MUST on tac Rifles, Snipers and ARs. It honestly helps so much with the visibility. Literally puts a red dot over the heads of basically anyone in your FOV for a long distance.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Tiger team spotlight is a MUST on tac Rifles, Snipers and ARs. It honestly helps so much with the visibility. Literally puts a red dot over the heads of basically anyone in your FOV for a long distance.

I have seen people running this. I may have to try it tonight.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm an old man and had visibility problems in the Alpha but since the improvements in the Beta it's been fine. I generally run Microflex LED on ARs/SMGs if the iron sights are crap or if the map has a lot of long distance shenanigans like Satellite.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I liked the Cold War campaign, oddly enough. Had fun with it. The flashbacks made me want to play Battlefield Vietnam.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Why aren’t there Helicopters in Solos? I have a specific strategy I like to use that involves helicopters and I have to play Duos to use it.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You're not missing much. It's literally the same map, slightly different theme/paint jobs to match the Cold War vibe, couple more POIs, thats about it :laugh:

Yup it came in exactly as they advertised it to be. an 80s Verdansk. The Dam is a bridge with a lot of new buildings, satellite dishes and an interesting multi Gondala system that you can ride. The Quarry is a salt mine and has changed a little bit in optics but the bones is still there. The Stadium is now a small 80s style football/soccer stadium that is need of replacement. The Factory area is my favorite and has a lot of new buildings that are related to aviation manufacturing and I think there is a church near by as well. The Array area is neat, has a huge electrical grid and a few more new bigger buildings. The airport is just a complete functioning airport that looks brand new and the planes are not blown up and boardable. Those are the only areas I have visited, I am interested to visit the rest when I get off work.

All in all I think they delivered exactly what they said they would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad