Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Warzone definitely still has the most exciting moments and most gratifying wins (getting a 2 man win in quad warzone when you clutch it out right at the end is super satisfying).

Is the DMR really overpowered? I just started using it in Cold War and didn't realize it was so strong. What's the issue? I generally run DMR12 + AK74u.

Just throwing this out there. Playing Multiplayer forces me to almost exclusively use thermal scopes because my old man eyes can't see ANYONE long distance, especially when they are head glitching and laying flat on their belly.

The only maps I run and gun with SMG's are Raid and Nuketown if I feel like it, but in the current state thermal scopes are a must for me.
Yeah my buddy and I were talking about this yesterday that the visibility of enemies in Cold War is really tough. That said I kind of like it because it's more realistic than MW in that way. I absolutely hated the nameplate nonsense in MW where you just scan the screen and shoot even if you can't see someone...I feel like that is less prevalent here so far.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Warzone definitely still has the most exciting moments and most gratifying wins (getting a 2 man win in quad warzone when you clutch it out right at the end is super satisfying).

Is the DMR really overpowered? I just started using it in Cold War and didn't realize it was so strong. What's the issue? I generally run DMR12 + AK74u.

Yeah my buddy and I were talking about this yesterday that the visibility of enemies in Cold War is really tough. That said I kind of like it because it's more realistic than MW in that way. I absolutely hated the nameplate nonsense in MW where you just scan the screen and shoot even if you can't see someone...I feel like that is less prevalent here so far.

I skipped MW altogether after playing the Beta and free play weekend, so my transition is strictly going from BO4 to CW.
And for me it's day and night. Not sure if it really is those lights on the character models or if the problem is the whole color palette.

I have given up on realism on CoD the minute I was confronted with quickscoping. The latter made me an exclusive HC player because I at least have a chance against guys who use a sniper like a long range shotgun while running around as if they are carrying a pistol or smg.

I keep hearing how people say they are making CoD easier for beginners because they want it to stay casual and expand their target audience. But I personally have soured on CoD and this might very well be the last one I buy unless they will remaster BO2.

Maybe I'm getting old and I "can't hang" anymore but I just don't have as much fun anymore as I used to in BO1 and 2.

I also find it noteworthy that my k/d went from a solid 2.5+ in BO4 in barely hanging onto a 1.18.
We could blame this on SBMM and new maps but even with SBMM and new maps I find my biggest struggle is still visibility.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I skipped MW altogether after playing the Beta and free play weekend, so my transition is strictly going from BO4 to CW.
And for me it's day and night. Not sure if it really is those lights on the character models or if the problem is the whole color palette.

I have given up on realism on CoD the minute I was confronted with quickscoping. The latter made me an exclusive HC player because I at least have a chance against guys who use a sniper like a long range shotgun while running around as if they are carrying a pistol or smg.

I keep hearing how people say they are making CoD easier for beginners because they want it to stay casual and expand their target audience. But I personally have soured on CoD and this might very well be the last one I buy unless they will remaster BO2.

Maybe I'm getting old and I "can't hang" anymore but I just don't have as much fun anymore as I used to in BO1 and 2.

I also find it noteworthy that my k/d went from a solid 2.5+ in BO4 in barely hanging onto a 1.18.
We could blame this on SBMM and new maps but even with SBMM and new maps I find my biggest struggle is still visibility.

I hate both that and the jumping. I mean, there’s a pretty good reason why jumping while shooting isn’t a strategy of... anyone. It’s ridiculous that people can make themselves a difficult target while keeping their sights exactly where they want them.

Reactions: IamNotADancer

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

The DMR was horrible. It was the most OP weapon since Warzone launched. When fully specced out it had the power and range of a sniper rifle and the fire rate of an AR with no recoil. The fire rate and the lack of recoil also made it viable at close range in the rare situation where someone couldn't switch over to the Mac-10. I'm hoping the recoil increase is significant.

Reactions: KapG

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
DMR is still a very good weapon after the nerf. Lots of people still going to stick with it. Mac-10 didn’t feel as powerful but still slaps at close range. It just feels like it’s a lot faster than other SMGs and you pretty much win your gunfight if you shoot first at close range.

I have solid Kilo and Grau classes I’ll probably switch over to. I have been busy and haven’t played a ton so I really haven’t leveled up my DMR enough to where it’s effective with the nerf.

Ive also pretty much switched over to Rebirth Island game mode exclusively. I love the fast pace of the game and the size of the map. It’s very refreshing compared to the camp fest that has been Verdansk lately

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
As expected, the recoil increase is almost unnoticeable. That's what really needs to happen to bring the DMR and Type in line with all the other guns.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The DMR is a nice looking rifle. I am terrible with it unfortunately or have not leveled it up enough to make it OP (currently level 39). Im still getting way more kills and better accuracy out of my amax and grau.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Warzone has been a mess since Raven took it over. Me and my friends will get booted from matches the second we die instead of going to the Gulag, leaving the rest of the team shorthanded. Between that and these gun issues, really hoping Raven gets it together.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
3 verdansk wins tonight including a b2b with my bro and his buddy. We then capped the night off with a win in that smaller map...revival or whatever it’s called. Probably best night I’ve had (I don’t play a whole lot)

Hate going up against the DMR, but I’ll still take my kilo over it any day.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Finally got to play again tonight and I have to say they either turned the SBMM down by a lot in multiplayer or I have become much better over night.

Since nothing has really changed on my end and I'm still forced to use thermal on most maps because of the piss poor visibility.

I'm carefully hoping that they really turned this dreadful mechanism off.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
3 verdansk wins tonight including a b2b with my bro and his buddy. We then capped the night off with a win in that smaller map...revival or whatever it’s called. Probably best night I’ve had (I don’t play a whole lot)

Hate going up against the DMR, but I’ll still take my kilo over it any day.

Nice! I got a 2nd last night in quads but I haven't won in months. Sadly two out of the three buddies I play with most nights are quite bad haha (.3 KD...)

I was trying to join you the last few nights but it kept erroring for some reason.

Reactions: KapG

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Nice! I got a 2nd last night in quads but I haven't won in months. Sadly two out of the three buddies I play with most nights are quite bad haha (.3 KD...)

I was trying to join you the last few nights but it kept erroring for some reason.
Got another W this morning lol

I mostly just play with my bro and his buddies. I’m not the best, but they are pretty solid. Quads are tough...really tough.

What’s your psn is again? Prior to getting into warzone few months back I hadn’t played any games for like 2 years. Sometimes we need a 3rd or 4th and if I see you around I can send an invite

Reactions: Smelling Salt

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Warzone has been a mess since Raven took it over. Me and my friends will get booted from matches the second we die instead of going to the Gulag, leaving the rest of the team shorthanded. Between that and these gun issues, really hoping Raven gets it together.
Truthfully have not run jnto that gulag issue. Only gun issues I can think of are the DMR and the dualies. Also, while it seems everyone is using the DMR these days you can still rip faces without it

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Got another W this morning lol

I mostly just play with my bro and his buddies. I’m not the best, but they are pretty solid. Quads are tough...really tough.

What’s your psn is again? Prior to getting into warzone few months back I hadn’t played any games for like 2 years. Sometimes we need a 3rd or 4th and if I see you around I can send an invite

'Alexoskeleton'

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
so. if I decide do sell my ps4 and move over to the xbox how does that work In terms of my MW/CW warzone stuff? do i have to start over from scratch and lose all my battle pass items and other purchases? or is there a way to sync my new xbox account with my Activision account to get everything unlocked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad