Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Mac-10 is just straight up busted I feel like. Literally everyone is using it in cold war as well.

Apparently there's a consensus going around that the matchmaking has been nerfed significantly? I played a couple games last night since a friend wouldn't shut up about how it's different and I have to admit it seems a lot less strict. Lobbies had a healthy mix of higher skill players and trash. Also didn't notice it kick in violently and I had a couple games where I was well over 2.0 k/d.

My average was like 21-10 stats and while I can still feel the matchmaking kicking in it feels a lot more natural now. Please don't change it.

Makes me wonder if the people claiming the game being given a free weekend before Christmas and already being on sale was them trying to cover for the fact the game didn't sell well due to the matchmaking and a bunch of other factors (warzone being popular, series fatigue, etc)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The Mac-10 is just straight up busted I feel like. Literally everyone is using it in cold war as well.

Apparently there's a consensus going around that the matchmaking has been nerfed significantly? I played a couple games last night since a friend wouldn't shut up about how it's different and I have to admit it seems a lot less strict. Lobbies had a healthy mix of higher skill players and trash. Also didn't notice it kick in violently and I had a couple games where I was well over 2.0 k/d.

My average was like 21-10 stats and while I can still feel the matchmaking kicking in it feels a lot more natural now. Please don't change it.

Makes me wonder if the people claiming the game being given a free weekend before Christmas and already being on sale was them trying to cover for the fact the game didn't sell well due to the matchmaking and a bunch of other factors (warzone being popular, series fatigue, etc)

It is hard to say what kind of sales they had. I know that myself and a majority of my friends that I play with did not buy cold war as you can use all the coldwar operators and weapons in the warzone modes.

I also noticed that matchmaking seems to be a bit more even for Rebirth Island. can usually pull out 5-9 kills on the regular. I havent played the regular warzone since the season 1 drop though.

Sep 19, 2008
It is hard to say what kind of sales they had. I know that myself and a majority of my friends that I play with did not buy cold war as you can use all the coldwar operators and weapons in the warzone modes.

I also noticed that matchmaking seems to be a bit more even for Rebirth Island. can usually pull out 5-9 kills on the regular. I havent played the regular warzone since the season 1 drop though.
Absolutely, if you get the battle pass you can just unlock them by grinding MW MP if you have that (or maybe even warzone). The thing is I would imagine grinding would take quicker if you were playing Nuketown 24/7 or Cold War maps. (for instance I unlocked the MAC-10 a few days ago but I can't use it in MW MP)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Absolutely, if you get the battle pass you can just unlock them by grinding MW MP if you have that (or maybe even warzone). The thing is I would imagine grinding would take quicker if you were playing Nuketown 24/7 or Cold War maps. (for instance I unlocked the MAC-10 a few days ago but I can't use it in MW MP)

this is true, maps like nuketown help you level quicker but is it really worth the purchase of the full game if that's all you really want to do? I guess for some sweaty players it does make sense. I found that I dont play much MW MP anymore at all. They seem to be having a ton of double XP days going on in warzone so leveling up hasn't been to bad and with the battle pass you can throw on your weapon xp etc.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
content creators are running out of things to make videos about. The game is fine. Have probably logged about 300 games of warzone since the new season and havnt run into a hacker yet.

it is hilarious watching the toobers like mercs or Swagg rehash the same loadout stuff every season over and over again (kilo, grar and now Kirg). some how they are bad then good, then bad then lasers then bad then moon beems all in one season lmao.
Ok so I have a complaint now. That DMR gun is complete bullshit and needs a hard debuff. Sheeeesh it’s absurd

Reactions: tacogeoff

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it just the DMR that's broken or is both of the semi auto tac rifles?

I've been using the type 63 and I enjoy it quite a bit but it doesn't feel too OP since it still gets dominated at close range.

I can definitely see why both of them would be an enormous pain in the ass in warzone though.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
The type 63 is manageable, but its gotten to thr point where if you happen to die by a player not using the DMR and Mac 10 combo, thats usually the exception. The DMR is absolutely unreal, and its ironic because I had just mentioned a few days ago how the Mac 10 was obliterating in WZ :laugh: I think if the DMR gets nerfed, it'll amount a fairly balanced range or guns for Warzone tbh. You could run the Grau, M4, Kilo, Groza, Ram, etc and not see much of a difference, as it would mainly come down to personal preference. Its just that this game likes to spice things up now and then with a broken weapon haha.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Haven’t played in about 2 weeks and I can’t say I really miss it ... but the idea of matchmaking being nerfed did peak my interest slightly this morning.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Matchmaking has definitely been nerfed. It still gets sweaty but it's nowhere near to the point where I want to stop playing the game like at launch.

I played for a solid 3 hours last night and only had like one game where I went negative.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
The type 63 is manageable, but its gotten to thr point where if you happen to die by a player not using the DMR and Mac 10 combo, thats usually the exception. The DMR is absolutely unreal, and its ironic because I had just mentioned a few days ago how the Mac 10 was obliterating in WZ :laugh: I think if the DMR gets nerfed, it'll amount a fairly balanced range or guns for Warzone tbh. You could run the Grau, M4, Kilo, Groza, Ram, etc and not see much of a difference, as it would mainly come down to personal preference. Its just that this game likes to spice things up now and then with a broken weapon haha.

This is correct and this is what makes it different from the previous "metas". Before, even when the consensus favorite was the Grau or the Kilo or MP5 or whatever there were at least a number of viable alternatives on the battlefield. Now I'm seeing games where every single person in every quad in the last ten teams standing is running DMR/Mac 10.

It also doesn't help that both the DMR and Mac 10 dropped together and they compliment each other perfectly. If DMR users didn't have the Mac 10 to shred people in every close encounter it wouldn't be as bad.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
"DMRzone"
It’s like all you hear across all of verdansk these days. It’s so dumb.

still got a really, really nice grindy type win yesterday, but damn. Why the heck it take so long for them to fix a clearly broken gun? I mean ffs, you aren’t even safe in a Chopper these days, especially if you’re sitting on the side. Fly by a squad with a couple DMRs and you are completely f***ed.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I love how i can't even escape warzone if i wanted to.

"Oh you want this last operator skin? Sorry, you have to finish top 15 in WZ to get it even though it's more meant for cold war and you do all the other challenges ther"

Actually **** off with this nonsense.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I love how i can't even escape warzone if i wanted to.

"Oh you want this last operator skin? Sorry, you have to finish top 15 in WZ to get it even though it's more meant for cold war and you do all the other challenges ther"

Actually **** off with this nonsense.

I play both games so it's not a big deal to me, but I can see why those cross-game challenges are annoying.

My current annoying challenge is Adler's "kill five enemies while flashed". I've been stuck on 4/5 for week. Considering how many times I have - flashed enemies, see the notification they are flashed, see them staring into a wall because they are flashed, me killing them and I don't credit - is mildly infuriating.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I play both games so it's not a big deal to me, but I can see why those cross-game challenges are annoying.

My current annoying challenge is Adler's "kill five enemies while flashed". I've been stuck on 4/5 for week. Considering how many times I have - flashed enemies, see the notification they are flashed, see them staring into a wall because they are flashed, me killing them and I don't credit - is mildly infuriating.
I haven’t played multiplayer or anything yet, but from the way you worded the challenge it seems like YOU are supposed to be flashed and kill the enemy. Try flashing yourself just before you know an enemy is coming and spray them down?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I haven’t played multiplayer or anything yet, but from the way you worded the challenge it seems like YOU are supposed to be flashed and kill the enemy. Try flashing yourself just before you know an enemy is coming and spray them down?

The challenge says "while they are blinded" but I suppose that could be the glitch. Maybe they programmed it backwards.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So I'm gonna migrate from MW to CW and I'm wondering about the loadouts. Warzone has me sitting maxed level already I think, but for weapons is everyone really using the Mac-10? I like the AK74-u personally. Which wildcard do you guys use, the extra perk one or the extra main weapon? I really like the CW customization system (protect the VIP and Control being on the quickplay list and map voting makes me really happy).

Not sure how good any of the ARs or TRs are, but in Zombies I think I like the TRs better...

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I started to level up the DMR but it's so broken I figured by the time I was done it would be nerfed already. I play Warzone only.

Youtube streamer JGOD did a video today of his anticipated post-nerf Warzone meta. He believes it's going to be mainly the AMAX/MP5/Mac-10 with the Grau, M4 and Kilo as viable alternatives.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I like the AMAX in straight MP but I don't care for it in WZ at medium/long range. The recoil pattern stinks. I'll use the Grau, Kilo or even the Krig over it.

Reactions: 780il

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Just throwing this out there. Playing Multiplayer forces me to almost exclusively use thermal scopes because my old man eyes can't see ANYONE long distance, especially when they are head glitching and laying flat on their belly.

The only maps I run and gun with SMG's are Raid and Nuketown if I feel like it, but in the current state thermal scopes are a must for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad