Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (2018)

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Releases tonight. Still haven’t made up my mind.

Confirmed to have 10 new multiplayer maps and 5 remakes. I know there’s blackout and zombies, but for a multiplayer only game now, 10 new maps seems a little underwhelming..

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
10 new maps seems a little underwhelming..
b32897c08dd1c4c442e9fc5883715ae6fa85149e_hq.gif

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I think 10 new ones plus 4 remakes (plus Nuketown in Nov) is enough if they are good maps. I am really looking forward to Summit. Have some good memories playing that.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I canceled my preorder shortly after the beta...felt that was enough for me and i knew i wasn't going to play it much with Red Dead 2, Fallout 76, and Battlefield V coming out soon. I prefer CoD over Battlefield but I chose Battlefield this year for the campaign. So disappointed BO4 doesn't have one but I'll probably get it later around xmas

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Won a quad game of Blackout last night. Didn't win at all during the beta (2nd was the best my team did - I do not party up which doesn't help). I was not last man standing unfortunately, but I spectated until the end because it was down to six players and I didn't want to drop in case my teammate with the horrible mic actually won, which he did. Go you!

I did like how Treyarch mitigated the pain of the 51 gig day one patch by making Blackout playable after 18 gigs downloaded.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Anyone on PC?

BadNatey#1793

Don't care about skill, just looking for some peeps to talk with and shoot some crap!

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Played about every game mode but really got this for Zombies. BR was okay, really felt like a brighter Pub G with better mechanics but horrible textures on the graphics. Included the spray paint from Fortnite. Zombies is really complex with the load outs but wow the graphics are so much better than the last instalment. Everything is so much bigger.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Got this last minute last night and played a couple BR matches. Working this weekend so might not play again until Monday.

I want to see how regular MP matches are, they changed it a bit where it takes longer to kill someone right?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Just bought it on PC, pretty excited to try it as I've read good things about it. I like how if I'm bored with BR or MP I can jump into the other one or zombies. After grinding the last 1.5 months on Destiny, a mindless MP shooter should be a nice game to play along side.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I want to see how regular MP matches are, they changed it a bit where it takes longer to kill someone right?

Yeah players have 150 health now and potentially armour depending on the loadout. Armour apparently adds the equivalent of 40 health but I don't know if that number was ever confirmed and Treyarch did tweak it after near universal complaints in the beta.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
My friends and I played 5 blackout matches last night and won 2.

This is light years better than pubg not only in execution but also map size and circle size.

I'll also be getting this on pc.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
MP is fun, some sweaties on PC though. One guy was max rank running and umping around with an smg, the matchmaking is still really bad. Shouldn't be going up against level 30+ at level 7.

Got a blackout win in me and my friends 2nd game. Turns out we were in the squads playlist, so we got a duos win in the squad playlist lol.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I played some WW2 a year ago and was pretty good at it, but never played any of the others since BO2. This is crazy different. Graphics in multiplayer are super crispy and clean. But I have no idea what I’m doing and go about 2-10 a game lol. I’ll keep at it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Just bought it on PC, pretty excited to try it as I've read good things about it. I like how if I'm bored with BR or MP I can jump into the other one or zombies. After grinding the last 1.5 months on Destiny, a mindless MP shooter should be a nice game to play along side.
Need a Habs friend play with? lol

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I canceled my preorder shortly after the beta...felt that was enough for me and i knew i wasn't going to play it much with Red Dead 2, Fallout 76, and Battlefield V coming out soon. I prefer CoD over Battlefield but I chose Battlefield this year for the campaign. So disappointed BO4 doesn't have one but I'll probably get it later around xmas
There's a few videos to make up a story. You have a few small missions to unlock more videos to piece together a story. The cinematics are beautiful, brutal, and graphic.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There's a few videos to make up a story. You have a few small missions to unlock more videos to piece together a story. The cinematics are beautiful, brutal, and graphic.

How long is it though?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Got this last minute last night and played a couple BR matches. Working this weekend so might not play again until Monday.

It does in core. HC is the same as its always been AFAIK, sans when an enemy is wearing Armor. They go from a 1 shot to 2 shot kill.

I played some WW2 a year ago and was pretty good at it, but never played any of the others since BO2. This is crazy different. Graphics in multiplayer are super crispy and clean. But I have no idea what I’m doing and go about 2-10 a game lol. I’ll keep at it.

This is much different than WWII. WWII was the type of game where you need to sit back and be cautious. Running around will get you whacked in a fairly expedient manner.

BO4, sitting around will get you whacked in a fairly expedient manner and I think that is attributed to the faster game play and different map flow. Most of the WWII maps were three lane choke points and it would take longer for people to get to the other spawn and come up from behind you. BO4, the maps have more lanes therefore people can get to the other side of the map, sometimes completely uncontested in a quick manner.

Side note, has anyone been looking at their in game ping? In BO3 my ping was generally 11-13ms. No matter what I do, my ping in BO4 generally ranges from 33 - 50 ms. Not a huge difference in Core but in HC where its a 1 shot kill, it makes a massive difference, especially when you are playing against some major sweat sacks. Same internet provider, and I only live about 20 miles from where I used to live so I don't think that is the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad