Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (2018)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Blackout is boring to me. If you die in the first 5 minutes you spectate forever. I just wanna play lol.

Yeah that's just an issue with BR in general. I know a lot of people who don't like the entire genre because there seems to be too much downtime.

As someone who really liked PUBG and what it could have become when it first released, Blackout is exciting to me. But I get that it's not for everyone.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I'm dusting off the cobwebs for this. Haven't played COD since Black Ops 1, but man I was a legend with the silenced m14 and stealth perks. Couldn't see me, only death. Bout to shut up some 14 year olds for sure until I get merked from a wall run then I'll rage quit..

Reactions: AKL

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
That's pretty much all BR in my eyes.

I'm obviously in a minority, though, since BR games are so popular these days.

After my original post, I had a couple good games with squads. I was running solo so I was being matched up on a squad with strangers but it worked out a couple times as they were good and communicative.

Obviously this is new for alot of people including myself. I have only played Fortnite a handful of times. A few times last night I lasted maybe three minutes and there is no way I am sticking around watching to see how it plays out lol. There seems to be an issue (or maybe a feature...) that you need to stick around until the match is over to get XP...this seems like a problem. No one wants to sit around that long.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
After my original post, I had a couple good games with squads. I was running solo so I was being matched up on a squad with strangers but it worked out a couple times as they were good and communicative.

Obviously this is new for alot of people including myself. I have only played Fortnite a handful of times. A few times last night I lasted maybe three minutes and there is no way I am sticking around watching to see how it plays out lol. There seems to be an issue (or maybe a feature...) that you need to stick around until the match is over to get XP...this seems like a problem. No one wants to sit around that long.

That, and personally I find there's usually either way too much downtime, or you screw yourself over in a mass firefight early.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, so I'll just leave it as a "not my cup of tea" thing. :laugh:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah I don't want to complain either, cause it looks really well done and actually runs better (OG PS4) than the multiplayer beta did. I did love the first MP beta, aside from the performance issues.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah I don't want to complain either, cause it looks really well done and actually runs better (OG PS4) than the multiplayer beta did. I did love the first MP beta, aside from the performance issues.

I was going to pre-order just to play the blackout beta but... this week is a nightmare. I've played a little bit of PUBG so I am excited for this mode. I've got a bunch of PTO to burn before the year is over so I decided to take off on October 12th for the release date. I've always been significantly better at the Black Ops franchise than I have the others with my K/D's in BO's franchise have ranged anywhere from a 2.5 to a 4.1, others are usually are around a 2 - 2.2, so I get a lot more enjoyment out of these. Except WWII, my K/D is a putrid 1.8.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
It’s ok, but battle royale does not suit every game. I was basing my decision on whether I would buy this years COD on this mode, and based on the beta I am going to skip. Just very meh.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Any PS4 owners wanna try the beta? I have three codes to give away. First three to DM me.
I tried it last night. It was both deeply disappointing and at the same time very encouraging.

What do I mean? Well, I played a lot of matches. Every. Single. Match. Ended with me getting picked off by a sniper. The three matches I watched until the end (I had finished top 10), the final 4-5 people all had sniper rifles. I feel like it is whoever gets luckiest to find a sniper rifle gets such a huge advantage. It wasn't terribly fun. I also don't like the vehicles. It kind of cheapens it for me a bit.

What did I find encouraging? The feel of the game was great. It felt like a Black Ops game. It felt like Call of Duty. It makes me very, very excited for multiplayer when the game is released on the 12th.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah, the end is often snipers just waiting for sure. They also need to make armour tweaks because level 3 armour especially is absolutely ridiculous. If you thought the feel of this was good, I think you will like the full game. I had a ton of fun with the MP beta.

I liked the Fast Collapse mode they added. Much faster gameplay.

I still have two codes left if anyone is interested on PS4.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, the end is often snipers just waiting for sure. They also need to make armour tweaks because level 3 armour especially is absolutely ridiculous. If you thought the feel of this was good, I think you will like the full game. I had a ton of fun with the MP beta.

I liked the Fast Collapse mode they added. Much faster gameplay.

I still have two codes left if anyone is interested on PS4.

Thank you for that by the way.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I tried it last night. It was both deeply disappointing and at the same time very encouraging.

What do I mean? Well, I played a lot of matches. Every. Single. Match. Ended with me getting picked off by a sniper. The three matches I watched until the end (I had finished top 10), the final 4-5 people all had sniper rifles. I feel like it is whoever gets luckiest to find a sniper rifle gets such a huge advantage. It wasn't terribly fun. I also don't like the vehicles. It kind of cheapens it for me a bit.

What did I find encouraging? The feel of the game was great. It felt like a Black Ops game. It felt like Call of Duty. It makes me very, very excited for multiplayer when the game is released on the 12th.

Have you had a lot of experience with BR’s other than Fortnite? I only ask because in my personal experience with a lot of them, snipers are king. Long range battles are so common with the big, open maps, and it’s far easier to pick someone off at a distance than to try to get close to them where they may see you coming and get the jump.

Fortnite being different because you can build, the meta in that used to be to build til you get close enough to shotgun them, which I personally find horribly boring.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Have you had a lot of experience with BR’s other than Fortnite? I only ask because in my personal experience with a lot of them, snipers are king. Long range battles are so common with the big, open maps, and it’s far easier to pick someone off at a distance than to try to get close to them where they may see you coming and get the jump.

Fortnite being different because you can build, the meta in that used to be to build til you get close enough to shotgun them, which I personally find horribly boring.
Truthfully, I have never played fortnite. Mostly PUBG on mobile.

I wouldn't have an issue with it but I feel like I can never find a sniper rifle and the times I did, I coasted to the top 10. I personally believe it is more luck of the weapon draw than anything. If they were a bit more common, I think I would thoroughly enjoy the game mode.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Truthfully, I have never played fortnite. Mostly PUBG on mobile.

I wouldn't have an issue with it but I feel like I can never find a sniper rifle and the times I did, I coasted to the top 10. I personally believe it is more luck of the weapon draw than anything. If they were a bit more common, I think I would thoroughly enjoy the game mode.

Yeah it can definitely be luck of the weapon draw. Which obviously isn’t ideal, but at the same time I still think it’s better than just giving everyone snipers, because snipers only isn’t fun either (even though it seems like everyone already does have a sniper sometimes).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah it can definitely be luck of the weapon draw. Which obviously isn’t ideal, but at the same time I still think it’s better than just giving everyone snipers, because snipers only isn’t fun either (even though it seems like everyone already does have a sniper sometimes).
True. I am hoping that in the release, some of the Assault Rifles will spawn with some sort of scope/sight. That would help mediate the disparity between the weapons in that game mode.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
There seems to be alot of 3x scopes available for ARs. I have never liked 3x scopes on ARs but I will equip it to check longer range distances, and then remove it if I anticipate battles.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well would you have a look at that, particularly:

We’ve added more updates to the game today, including the new Close Quarters playlist. This is a Solo playlist where you’ll need to get up close and personal using only SMGs, shotguns, handguns, and your fists.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Its really fun on PC. Really really good. The UI could use some tweaks, but I loved it.

Played 5 games. Finished 5th and... 2nd. :cry:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
played a few rounds. seems aight. faster pace and more casual than PUBG. gunplay feels nice but it doesnt run very well on my system for some reason. probably gonna stick with PUBG lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad