GDT: Calgary @ Washington - 5 PM MT, SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Since Ferland was promoted to the first line on Feb 21, Gaudreau has 57 points in 43 games. That's the third best mark in the NHL over that span trailing only Nikita Kucherov (69 in 43) and Connor McDavid (58 in 43)

Get this though:

McDavid has logged 24.42 shifts per game and 21:35 ATOI over that span.
Kucherov has logged 24.58 shifts per game and 20:37 ATOI over that span
Gaudreau has logged 21.57 shifts per game and 17:57 ATOI over that span

That's right, McDavid has a whopping one more point with about 156:14 more ice time.

4th thru 6th place over this span are also over the 20:30 ATOI mark (Wheeler, Kane, Scheifele)

Reactions: Janks and TychoFan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's crazy how good Monahan is...and he's not even our best winger.

He’s improved tremendously this year. He’s not just the passenger on that line, he’s going all in. Confidence, playing two way and going to the net.

Really like his game maturing, so hard to remember the kid’s still under 24. Seems like he’s been on hot team forever.

The best part of this scoring pace Calgary’s putting up, we’re still a bottom team in team shooting percentage 5v5.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Thought it was a pretty complete game tonight after surviving the early storm, but the Caps still got too many high quality chances for my liking.

I think the team is playing a good brand of hockey, but still are making silly mistakes that they should be able to correct.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Thought it was a pretty complete game tonight after surviving the early storm, but the Caps still got too many high quality chances for my liking.

I think the team is playing a good brand of hockey, but still are making silly mistakes that they should be able to correct.

Brodie and Hamonic were out there for 9 high danger chances against. The next highest flame was Monahan with 5.

They were also out for the Caps only goal. Outside of them I thought the Flames played great.

Reactions: Sk8M8

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Damn bummed I missed watching this one.

The Flames are on fire right now and Im sure things will calm down a bit but its nice to create a little buffer for when things come back down.

So happy for Money and Johnny!! Nice to see them start the season on such a high note when they have been snake bitten in past starts.

Reactions: TychoFan

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Since Ferland was promoted to the first line on Feb 21, Gaudreau has 57 points in 43 games. That's the third best mark in the NHL over that span trailing only Nikita Kucherov (69 in 43) and Connor McDavid (58 in 43)

Get this though:

McDavid has logged 24.42 shifts per game and 21:35 ATOI over that span.
Kucherov has logged 24.58 shifts per game and 20:37 ATOI over that span
Gaudreau has logged 21.57 shifts per game and 17:57 ATOI over that span

That's right, McDavid has a whopping one more point with about 156:14 more ice time.

4th thru 6th place over this span are also over the 20:30 ATOI mark (Wheeler, Kane, Scheifele)

This is amazing!! Thanks for digging this out. Kid is top notch talent.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Brodie and Hamonic were out there for 9 high danger chances against. The next highest flame was Monahan with 5.

They were also out for the Caps only goal. Outside of them I thought the Flames played great.

I missed the first 30 min, but what line did Brodie and Hamsandwich get? I know I saw Mony against OV a decent amount so that number doesn’t bother me at all.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I missed the first 30 min, but what line did Brodie and Hamsandwich get? I know I saw Mony against OV a decent amount so that number doesn’t bother me at all.
His shifts overlapped with:

Giordano: 10 times
Hamilton: 8 times
Brodie: 13 times
Hamonic:13 times
Stone: 8 times
Kulak: 5 times

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He’s improved tremendously this year. He’s not just the passenger on that line, he’s going all in. Confidence, playing two way and going to the net.

Really like his game maturing, so hard to remember the kid’s still under 24. Seems like he’s been on hot team forever.

The best part of this scoring pace Calgary’s putting up, we’re still a bottom team in team shooting percentage 5v5.

I feel like you are talking about the Monahan that showed up post Christmas last year, but then we spent a whole long summer picking apart every players game to the nth degree and Monahan suffered more than most, but less than Brouwer.

Just my thoughts though. I do think he is playing even better than last year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I feel like you are talking about the Monahan that showed up post Christmas last year, but then we spent a whole long summer picking apart every players game to the nth degree and Monahan suffered more than most, but less than Brouwer.

Just my thoughts though. I do think he is playing even better than last year.

I think he’s playing above his half year pace from last year. The guys just more confident and making great plays.

I’m happy he’s progressed this way, because he’s rounding into a legit 1C for this team; one we desperately need.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think he’s playing above his half year pace from last year. The guys just more confident and making great plays.

I’m happy he’s progressed this way, because he’s rounding into a legit 1C for this team; one we desperately need.

If he keeps playing like he has this year, Monahan is rounding into something well above a 1C. The guy is playing like a true elite by virtually any standard.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

Coming off the big 4-1 win Gulutzan the wise has realized changes need to be made.

Seriously though I really hope Gilbertson is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad