GDT: Calgary vs Vancouver 8:00MT CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Never didn't. Just played with Brouwer, Lazar, and a Versteeg who played like tonight's Gaudreau all season.

Yeah i get it, Gaudreau sucked tonight but without him we'd be in the basement right now.

Gaudreau and Monahan are still the engine of this team...nobody is going to change my mind on that.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Elliott made a good point that the Bennett winner looked a lot like a Jagr play. Jagr seems to have taken to Bennett as a project and we can see the results.

Also, these announcers were the WORST I’ve ever seen/heard. So bad. If I have to hear about or look at Brock Boeser again...
You can really see his effect on Jankowski and how he uses his stick in defensive situations. Even though he's not regularly playing, Jagr was one of the smartest FA signings the Flames have ever made

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Elliott made a good point that the Bennett winner looked a lot like a Jagr play. Jagr seems to have taken to Bennett as a project and we can see the results.

Also, these announcers were the WORST I’ve ever seen/heard. So bad. If I have to hear about or look at Brock Boeser again...

Boeser is now the Media's 18 yrs old Sam Bennett

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Idk if I'd be too pissed off being a nucks fan rn

Horvat, Boeser are studs, Virtanen is turning it around, Pettersson is monstering the SHL, Gaudette is solid, Juolevi (while not as good as Tkachuk :laugh:) is going to be solid

Green is a good coach

Yeah Dim Jim was a joke for a while but he's been looking good of late

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Ferland has been a bit cold lately, maybe jagr on the first line for a bit?
Gaudreau-monahan-jagr
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-jankowski-hathaway
Mangiapane-lazar-ferland

Lazar has been playing well lately.

I wish we could eject Brouwer somehow and sorry Kris but it's ok if you don't come back

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
fpD97ly.gif

JmK1k.gif

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Ferland has been a bit cold lately, maybe jagr on the first line for a bit?
Gaudreau-monahan-jagr
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-jankowski-hathaway
Mangiapane-lazar-ferland

Lazar has been playing well lately.

I wish we could eject Brouwer somehow and sorry Kris but it's ok if you don't come back

Ferland has always been inconsistent, but Monahan/Gaudreau have been cold too. Gaudreau with 3 points in 8 games. Monahan with 5 points in 8 games.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Here Travis, come on After Hours to talk about your father who died when you were young, oh yeah and here's a clip 24 hours after he passed.

f***ing hell CBC, hitting them emotions after a hockey game. Like I get pumping Travis' charity work, but damn son.

Really hard to hate on a guy like this, even if he plays crap some games.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I noticed a shift in the second where Janko made 3-4 Jagr moves off the halfwall. None of them came off, but so promising.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Ferland has always been inconsistent, but Monahan/Gaudreau have been cold too. Gaudreau with 3 points in 8 games. Monahan with 5 points in 8 games.
I feel like we shouldn’t criticize Ferland in games where Johnny doesn’t even score. He’s not expected to drive the play but contribute to it. If Johnny plays like garbage which he did today, not much Ferland can build on.

But yes, Ferland has been quiet last few games. He should at least be delivering a couple thunderous hits a game if he’s not putting up points

Reactions: Skobel24

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
ferland is not creating anything anymore now that hes stop shooting, i remember that one play where he had the puck near the dot, a confident ferland wouldve shot it, but instead he missed a cross crease pass. It may not be fair to criticize ferland since JG is kinda cold now too, but hes missing chances now, that MTL game JG kept feeding him and he kept whiffing. Honestly would not mind seeing bennett on the 1st line, hes doing the things we expect Ferland to do in terms of creating space, and sam has been one of those players earning his ice time right now.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
ferland is not creating anything anymore now that hes stop shooting, i remember that one play where he had the puck near the dot, a confident ferland wouldve shot it, but instead he missed a cross crease pass. It may not be fair to criticize ferland since JG is kinda cold now too, but hes missing chances now, that MTL game JG kept feeding him and he kept whiffing. Honestly would not mind seeing bennett on the 1st line, hes doing the things we expect Ferland to do in terms of creating space, and sam has been one of those players earning his ice time right now.
Honestly, the entire team over passed tonight. Oddly enough the game winner was Bennett being selfish with it. Johnny and Janko were the most guilty of making bad passes when they should shoot.

I do agree that Bennett deserves a shot in the top line, but he still seems like a bit of a fragile player that needs the consistency of his role and linemates (Janko).

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
As good as Bennett has been lately, we really need him to put up some points on the road before we start talking about him turning any corners.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
ferland is not creating anything anymore now that hes stop shooting, i remember that one play where he had the puck near the dot, a confident ferland wouldve shot it, but instead he missed a cross crease pass. .

Ferland takes night offs and is usually garbage about 80% of the time. That's not going to change overnight.
Hopefully he only takes 50% off now.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

That's because there were no secondary scoring. Teams were just concentrating on the first line.

I believe once we get the Janko/Bennett line going consistently, it will help the first line as well

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
When did Hartley say this?

Spread throughout his interviews (postgame/pregame). He also compared a rookie Gaudreau to Chris Drury. Also made a loose comparision between Giordano and Bourque but that was more of an age thing. He truly believed we had a similar mix to his cup winner team, except he never ever compared a goalie to Patrick Roy. Probably would be comparing Smith to Roy right now.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What’s nice is no one can expect Johnny to get 3pts a night and Monahan to score every game. So to have Janko and Bennett come on and potentially be able to feast on other teams 3rd lines, is a huge win for the Flames. Then you send the Backlund line out to shut down other teams toplines and chip in some offence every other game, well now we’re talking.

I haven’t heard anyone else say this, but I liked Hamonic last night and not just on After Hours. He played well with Brodie and did a good job of passing the puck up the ice. If we can just get that defence going, this team has a lot of elements to like. I still question if Gully is the right captain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->