GDT: Calgary @ Vegas: Viva Rock Vegas 2:00MT SN360 and SNE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Vegas has someone that sponsors their penalty kill? Seems like sponsoring the most opportune time to get scored on would maybe leave a bad taste in peoples mouths about your product when it happens.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Vegas has someone that sponsors their penalty kill? Seems like sponsoring the most opportune time to get scored on would maybe leave a bad taste in peoples mouths about your product when it happens.

Well, if you have the choice to sponsor something that has ~86% chance of success or something that has ~20% chance of success, which do you pick? :sarcasm:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Just brutal, just brutal.. Your season is on the line and this is what we get.

To be fair, the Flames aren’t playing bad. I refer to @Anglesmith post last game. The Flames are playing the system perfectly and not getting the results. The conclusion is, the system is flawed.

Again the game isn’t won on a sheet of paper, you need to do actually coaching.
To me, the system is a compromise of everyone's talents except for the 3M line. No one has ever truly looked comfortable playing it other than those three, and even then, I still feel like we're wasting Tkachuk's offensive abilities on a shut-down line

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Remember when it was all Rittichs and Gillies fault?

Btw Brodie looka like a poor mans Klefbom. Brutal.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Well, fire the entire staff, call up Huska and friends, shut down Monahan, Tkachuk, and Smith and roll with

Bennett-Jankowski-Gaudreau
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Glass-Stajan-Hathaway
Lazar-Shore-Brouwer

The season is over, it's time to get a head start on next year.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I have no clue how this and the SJ game got out of hand so damn fast. Our opposition never quits, but our players seem to quit the second the first goal goes in. We have a 4-0 lead, and I swear it's definitely not safe, our guys will just coast and wait until the momentum swings to the other team.
This is the stuff that needs to be changed. I like our players, sure they make some boneheaded mistakes like Brodies tape to tape pass on the 2nd goal for Vegas today.
I'd hate to trade guys like Brodie and Bennett, I think in the right system they'd flourish, but I don't know what else we could offer up to improve the Flames for next year. Our picks are slim to none, not sure about our prospects. I think it might be time to give some more AHL players some looks. But who?
I dunno gang, this season is just laughable at this point. I've had high hopes at the beginning of the year, and all year, even Friday and today, and yet this teams shows that they care so little, they just fold. It has to be all about Gulutzan, they can only seem to play his system once in awhile and yes it does work, but it only works for 1/4 of the season.
Time for changes. But what do we do?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Shots 33-18 for Calgary. What the f***'s the use of dominating shots if the coach doesn't know how to handle momentum swings? The team's susceptibility to horrific collapses is a direct representation of the coach's incompetencies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Ok fellas, VGK just had a 4 goal period. Let's have one of our own.

200w.webp

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
I think we need to work a miracle and try and get a guy like Tarensako for Hamilton+. Until we get a stud goal scorer that can shift momentum we are always going to spin our wheels. I think with Valamaki, Fox, Andersson, we have replacements for Hamilton. Something needs to change.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
On an actual deep contending team what should the roster look like:

Gaudreau-x-x
Tkachuk-Monahan-Frolik
Bennett-Backlund-Ferland
x-Stajan-Brouwer
Jankowski, Lazar

Gio-Hamilton
Brodie-Hamonic
Kulak-Stone
x

Smith
x

I feel like the players listed would be where they would be if you stuck them on a good team

But where the heck is this team going to get two forwards good enough for line 1?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Vegas leaves our top goal scorer all alone in front and loses a battle for the puck in the corner. Gets away with it.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Yup, looks like they've given up. They want to enjoy the early vacation instead of more hockey I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->