Proposal: Calgary - Pittsburgh

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Cap does not work without retention by the Pens, but pretending that was not an issue I do not see why the Flames would not do this.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
Don't know Frolik AAV or term. Not in love with Bjugs, I do like Chucky though but I need to say yes because of Bennett.

Are you confused?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Don't really know why the Pens do this either. Chucky and Frolik are UFAs at year's end. I guess both could use a scenery change?

Bjugstad and Bennett have a year left each, and Bennett is an RFA at the end. Bennett is a cheaper C for the pens than Bjugs I guess?

I'd like to give Chucky a little more time to find his game here, and Bjugstad some time to get healthy for a stretch.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The Flames give up on Bennett for what will essentially be a 4.1M dollar Bjugstad next season.. Hoping Galchenyuk bounces back and is willing to stay here is to great of a risk to give up on one of the few players here that consistently brings grit, intensity, and a give a shit meter.

I wouldn't do it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Don't really know why the Pens do this either. Chucky and Frolik are UFAs at year's end. I guess both could use a scenery change?

Bjugstad and Bennett have a year left each, and Bennett is an RFA at the end. Bennett is a cheaper C for the pens than Bjugs I guess?

I'd like to give Chucky a little more time to find his game here, and Bjugstad some time to get healthy for a stretch.

Gives us a cost controlled LW moving into next year and dumps Bjugstad and Galchenyuk’s cap off next year. Essentially opening up 6+ million to resign Kahun and McCann.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sounds stupid, but I'd rather have Bennett for another year on 2.55 than basically getting a UFA that most likely walks on us and a 4.1 cap hit for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->