GDT: Calgary @ Philly - The Return of Brian Elliott (11PM MT, SN)

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
If I am not mistaken and i could be but was this the first goal my Money hands that Johnny Hockey did not assist on????

Was this because Johnny had more goals then him after the first period.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

Damn I wonder if it's a friendly f*** you or a serious f*** you. I could see some guys on the team being mad after last year playoffs.

Also the trade was so bad in hindsight, Kyrou pick for a year of Elliot during which he was poor outside of 10 games.

Aug 21, 2014

Damn I wonder if it's a friendly **** you or a serious **** you. I could see some guys on the team being mad after last year playoffs.

Also the trade was so bad in hindsight, Kyrou pick for a year of Elliot during which he was poor outside of 10 games.

You make that trade. we got Elliott but we could've gotten Talbot (results wise)

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Flames win. Money with his first hatty, all on the PP (had him in for fantasy today :laugh:). Talbot gets lit up for 6, McDavid on the ice for 5 goals against. Good day to be a flames fan.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I heard John Shannon on the radio about 1/2 hour ago, and he mentioned that Gaudreau said in the off-season that he'd like to play for Philadelphia one day. Did anyone else hear of this? Right now I'm riding such a wave of Johnny fandom it makes me sad to hear such a thing. Makes me think that if he's not happy in Calgary he may gun for a trade towards the end of this contract. I know that possibility is years away and he's having such a good year now, but I just hope the city and fan-base grows on him. Sometimes he comes across as a little aloof in interviews etc. Even Conroy in his intetview in the pregame said that when he and John LeClair showed up for the first time to interview Johnny at College, Johnny's parents didn't seem too happy as they wanted him to stay another year in college with his brother. Craig even finished that pregame bit saying he thought Johnny wasn't too happy about going to Calgary either.

Such a strange couple of comments and they've bothered me since hearing them.

Sorry to be a downer, but we haven't seen this bright a light in Calgary for ages.

Just hoping for the best y'all! Love what Gaudreau does, such a treat to watch.

Last edited:

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I heard John Shannon on the radio about 1/2 hour ago, and he mentioned that Gaudreau said in the off-season that he'd like to play for Philadelphia one day. Did anyone else hear of this? Right now I'm riding such a wave of Johnny fandom it makes me sad to hear such a thing. Makes me think that if he's not happy in Calgary he may gun for a trade towards the end of this contract. I know that possibility is years away and he's having such a good year now, but I just hope the city and fan-base grows on him. Sometimes he comes across as a little aloof in interviews etc. Even Conroy in his intetview in the pregame said that when he and John LeClair showed up for the first time to interview Johnny at College, Johnny's parents didn't seem too happy as they wanted him to stay another year in college with his brother. Craig even finished that pregame bit saying he thought Johnny wasn't too happy about going to Calgary either.

Sorry to be a downer, but we haven't seen this bright a light in Calgary for ages.

Pretty sure there was a thread about that.

It was said. It was also said during an interview with a Philly area radio show when asked if he’d like to play for the Flyers.

What is he supposed to say?

I’m guessing that if the Flames are competitive, have success and are willing to pony up the money in 5 years if he’s earned it he’d probably stay.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Pretty sure there was a thread about that.

It was said. It was also said during an interview with a Philly area radio show when asked if he’d like to play for the Flyers.

What is he supposed to say?

Oh okay, didn't see the thread.

Not sure, and I don' want any canned, fake gestures from JG, I just hope he grows to love Calgary as I'd love to see him here for a long time.

GuitarGuy

Oct 3, 2017
Canada
1-1 on the road trip so far. I'm happy. I'll stay happy if the Flames can finish the road trip .500 or better.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Just hoping for the best y'all! Love what Gaudreau does, such a treat to watch.

It was more of a "it would be cool to play for your childhood team" than a "when this contract is up, I'll see you bitches later" context.

Gaudreau says playing for Flyers someday 'would be sweet'

I'd worry less about Gaudreau bolting and more about why you're listening to John Shannon :sarcasm:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

Damn I wonder if it's a friendly **** you or a serious **** you. I could see some guys on the team being mad after last year playoffs.

Anyone who is pissed off at Elliott about the playoffs last year clearly forgot he was also a large part of the reason why we got in.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Not true. It's a playoff team with any average goalie

He didnt "steal" the playoff for the Flames
This. Even with his amazing ten games at the end of the season he finished with a mediocre 0.910 save percentage. He was a large part (not the only part) of why we were in such a huge hole in the first place.

Aug 3, 2010
I was curious to find a full photo for the 50s theme and found a couple of gems along the way:
DO8vxNiXkAgx2rN.jpg

And about the closest thing I could find to a full roster photo:

DO8n8y3VwAAh3J9.jpg

Versteeg, Smith, Bennett, Tkachuk, Frolik, Backlund, Giordano, Brodie, Gelinas, unknown (can't ID), Gaudreau, Monahan (in the blue cap), Hamonic, Jerrard, Jankowski (in the brown hat), Freddie Hamilton (in the light grey trilby), Lazar, Dougie Hamilton, Lack, Kulak, Stone, Stajan, Ferland, Brouwer.

Not pictured: Jagr (apparently didn't participate despite owning actual vintage clothing from the era :sarcasm:), Bartkowski, Gulutzan, Cameron. Not sure who else I might have missed - some are unidentifiable and behind the large group of guys on the left.

Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad