Proposal: Calgary - Ottawa Blockbuster

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Hanifin, Tkachuk, Bennett, Frolik for Karlsson, Stone, Duchene

Calgary becomes an instant contender

Ottawa ushers in their rebuild with some high upside younger players
Players like Tkachuk don't get traded for upcoming UFAs. Stone and Karlsson are amazing, but having both re-sign in Calgary is unlikely.

If Karlsson and Stone work out an extension with Calgary... Different scenario. Then the cap needs to get worked out though. Which is a huge challenge with over 20 mil in cap going to Calgary

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Then the next year Calgary is completely screwed over. Terrible trade for Calgary.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Change of pace here...

To Calgary
Cody Ceci, RD (4.3 x 1, RFA)
J.G Pageau, C (3.1 x 2, UFA)
Ryan Dzingel, LW (1.8 x 1, UFA)
CGY 7th 2019
OTT 7th 2021

To Ottawa:
Sam Bennett, C (1.95 x 1, RFA)
Michael Stone, RD (3.5 x 2, UFA)
Dillon Dube, C (.778 x 3, RFA)
CGY 3rd 2020

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Change of pace here...

To Calgary
Cody Ceci, RD (4.3 x 1, RFA)
J.G Pageau, C (3.1 x 2, UFA)
Ryan Dzingel, LW (1.8 x 1, UFA)
CGY 7th 2019
OTT 7th 2021

To Ottawa:
Sam Bennett, C (1.95 x 1, RFA)
Michael Stone, RD (3.5 x 2, UFA)
Dillon Dube, C (.778 x 3, RFA)
CGY 3rd 2020
Nope. Calgary isn't giving up younger players with more potential for bottom six guys we don't have room for.

The only guy is any interest there is Dzingel but not at the cost of Bennett. Might work something around Michael Stone though.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Nope. Calgary isn't giving up younger players with more potential for bottom six guys we don't have room for.

The only guy is any interest there is Dzingel but not at the cost of Bennett. Might work something around Michael Stone though.

I'd do Dzingel and a late pick for Stone + 3rd

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Garbage offers all the way around.

Best of luck to you, Ottawa. You're going to most likely have to sell on all 3 of your top players who are pending UFA's this year and probably will not receive the maximum value for them. Calgary is not the team that is going to be a part of a trade on either one of them.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'd do Dzingel and a late pick for Stone + 3rd

Why are we giving up a 3rd and a useful player for us for a guy that likely doesn't fill a need at all?

Take out the 3rd and I still think I pass as we do not need bottom 6 LWers at all.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You’re likely right, but I can guarantee he would love to add Karlsson. I also think it’s probable that Calgary is a likely landing spot for Stone.

I don't see how we fit Stone into the team financially or on the roster.

We already have Neal, Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Lindholm for the 4 top 6 wing spots. I guess we could move Lindholm down but that is a lot of money for a 3rd line winger and again still have to fit Stone in which seems tough.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Gaudreau is going to bolt back to America when his deal expires. I feel it in my bones. Trading him is a real possibility in the coming years.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Gaudreau is going to bolt back to America when his deal expires. I feel it in my bones. Trading him is a real possibility in the coming years.
That’s okay, we’ll just trade him to NJ for Hall when Hall’s got a year left and Gaudreau 2 then!

It’ll depend on whether or not the Flames have become contenders by then. If Gaudreau has a better shot at winning a cup elsewhere in the next few years, I could definitely see him exploring his options.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

And then Calgary is back to rebuilding in one year.

No one team is going to trade for 3 pending UFA's at one time.

Those three will bring in 3 first round picks from contending teams and some prospects at the deadline. They will not bring in elite talents like Tkachuk and Hanifin. Rentals never do.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So the Sens just add an 8 million dollar player without sending any money back?

No team in the NHL could do something like that.

Close up shop.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Tell you what, I've changed my mind.

Here's the deal, we'll do that deal, right now. But its conditional

If Calgary wins the Cup this year, then that's the trade.

If Calgary doesn't win the cup, and cannot resign all three players, then Calgary gets to pick 3 players under the age of 25 from the Ottawa organization.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm curious if a deal revolving around Anderson and Stone might benefit both teams. Calgary gets a platoon of Smith and Anderson, Ottawa gets a dman they need. I presume Rittich goes the other way as well, so the deal begins to spiral bigger.

I don't mind giving Gilles or Rittich a shot, but two rookie guys with a combined 32 games last season as plan B is scary to me. One, I can live with, both? Yeesh.

Oldest goalie tandem in the league though...

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
That’s okay, we’ll just trade him to NJ for Hall when Hall’s got a year left and Gaudreau 2 then!

It’ll depend on whether or not the Flames have become contenders by then. If Gaudreau has a better shot at winning a cup elsewhere in the next few years, I could definitely see him exploring his options.
Gaudreau does not get you near Hall in a trade lol

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
So your saying he doesn't get a Larsson either? :laugh:

Gaudreau's season got derailed with 30 games to go (dad had heart attack, Monahan bit the dust with injury's and your new asst coach refused to park him off the top line) otherwise he may have out scored Hall, you know,just like he did the previous 3 years since joining the Flames.

Once again Vain, thanks for coming out and posting your drivel in a Flames thread...always good for a laugh!

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

:laugh: yeah okay buddy. Keep your delusional Oiler self out of it. Gaudreau has as much value as Hall. But please, feel free to tell me why Gaudreau isn’t worth as much. I’ll wait when you wake up.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
:laugh: yeah okay buddy. Keep your delusional Oiler self out of it. Gaudreau has as much value as Hall. But please, feel free to tell me why Gaudreau isn’t worth as much. I’ll wait when you wake up.
Yea ok keep your delusion that a smurf who shuts down during a playoff hunt stretch and is minus infinity during that time has same value as the Hart winner lol keep your homer delusions going that is the real laugh

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
So your saying he doesn't get a Larsson either? :laugh:

Gaudreau's season got derailed with 30 games to go (dad had heart attack, Monahan bit the dust with injury's and your new asst coach refused to park him off the top line) otherwise he may have out scored Hall, you know,just like he did the previous 3 years since joining the Flames.

Once again Vain, thanks for coming out and posting your drivel in a Flames thread...always good for a laugh!
You need more excuses for Cryin Johnny I don't think the 10 listsed is enough oh and get back to me when little Johnny has more than 1 ppg season Hall has had 3 lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->