OT: Calgary Men's Leagues

SnipesMalloy

Apr 18, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Hey, I was just wondering what you guys can tell me about the men's leagues here in Calgary. I'm looking to join one for the next winter season. But I don't know anything about the leagues here.

How many are there? Which ones are best? Which ones are awful? Are they all non-contact or is there some that are contact? Stopped time? 3 periods or 2? Some with weird rules? Price range? Is there one with Curtis Glencross in it, if so I won't sign up for dman in that league.

Would like to hear some reviews from you lads.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slush

Jan 26, 2016
Calgary, Canada
I don't know any ice hockey leagues except for the Calgary Sports and Social club.
I play a lot of floor hockey so I know a bunch of floor hockey leagues in Calgary.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
I don't know about Glencross, but I know Robyn Regehr has been making the rounds in one of the local leagues. I'd be more worried about playing against him :laugh:

Oh ****, could you imagine coming down the wing and seeing Regehr coming at you in the corner? I'm just imagining this scene playing out

SnipesMalloy

Apr 18, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
So I did a quick bit of research on the old interwebs about leagues in Calgary. I found out there are at least 10 different leagues? That's quite a few. Doesn't make a choice for a league any easier haha Good thing I have about a year to decide...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->