Rumor: Calgary looking at getting a goalie

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So what about buffalo or the islanders? Terrible defensive teams that had better goal tending. Give it up, price just looked terrible out there. Anyway, don't want a starter who has a down year every second year and is getting almost 11 million for 8 more years.
It was Price at 2 mil retained so 8.5 mil.

A down year every second season... please never change HF... Homer Forum

And who is your team?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
On top of that, why give up that much for a goalie that is on the decline and may not be healthy consistently? No thanks.

Carey Price is not on the decline, he just plays in front of a shitty team and he also has a contract that a lot of teams can’t afford. Health wise I can’t say much but Montreal fans can fill in on that.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
It was Price at 2 mil retained so 8.5 mil.

A down year every second season... please never change HF... Homer Forum

And who is your team?

Calgary. I don't want Carey price for 8.5 either and it would be dumb to give up all those assets. The only goalies I take at that price are bobrovsky or maybe vasilevsky. Don't have to like it but you aren't changing my mind.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Hey hey, you can enjoy price and Weber and be mediocre and unable to rebuild as a result. That contract is almost unmovable and price having another bad year means your ****ed. You tell me why you believe he will be vezina caliber again?
No need to bash players and teams because of your own insecurities. Price could definitely win more Vezinas, especially on a better team.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary. I don't want Carey price for 8.5 either and it would be dumb to give up all those assets. The only goalies I take at that price are bobrovsky or maybe vasilevsky. Don't have to like it but you aren't changing my mind.

Exactly. In isolation I can pay 8.5M for Carey Price but I am not going to give up all those assets so I can pay him 8.5M and definitely not for another 7 yrs. It's a big risk if he can last that long.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Exactly. In isolation I can pay 8.5M for Carey Price but I am not going to give up all those assets so I can pay him 8.5M and definitely not for another 7 yrs. It's a big risk if he can last that long.
The deal I would make is:

Price at 8.5 million

For

2019 1st , 2020 2nd, Mike Smith, what ever cap dumps you desire.

He is exactly what the Flames need, you will love him, no reason he will not last as long as Luongo.
He can bring you guys a cup if you have offence to score.

Shake my hand?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Price at 8.5 million

For

Shake my hand?

Eh...

Look, I like price. He's a great goalie when he's healthy and we could certainly use him. If it was a 5 year deal, I'd probably do it without a cap dump, but I do genuinely have concerns about his health, and the year he had doesn't inspire confidence. Lot better ask than Brodie, Bennett and Smith with extras, but I'd still need a hard think about it.

member 290103

Pretty sure Flames could pry Anders Nillsen away from Canucks if price was right.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Price is still elite and among the top goalies. The thing is MTL is pathetically dreadful team and to his own fault his durability has always been questionable.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Price at 8.5 million

For

He is exactly what the Flames need, you will love him, no reason he will not last as long as Luongo.

Shake my hand?

Sound fair enough, it's not cheap but the kind of deal a contender should consider.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Pickard + Matthews for Gaudreau

I fixed it for you

You are welcome

PS: if you mean Freddrick Gaudreau, he doesnt play for the Flames but even then it's a no. Pickard is garbage. You may even be able to sneak him past waiver this time

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I fixed it for you

You are welcome

PS: if you mean Freddrick Gaudreau, he doesnt play for the Flames but even then it's a no. Pickard is garbage. You may even be able to sneak him past waiver this time

Listen here bub you take it or leave it. Pickard is a solid no. 1 for 20-35 years at least.

Reactions: Del Preston

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Price at 8.5 million

For

Shake my hand?
Thing is, Flames don't really have any real cap dumps. Our worst contract is Frolik and he's lived up to it so far.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
No need to bash players and teams because of your own insecurities. Price could definitely win more Vezinas, especially on a better team.

So why wasn't he winning Vezinas when the Habs were a better team? I mean if he's that much an elite Netminder getting paid north of 10m/yr, he'd own more than one, right... right?

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013

Price at 8.5 million

For

Shake my hand?

Seems pretty reasonable actually.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
So why wasn't he winning Vezinas when the Habs were a better team? I mean if he's that much an elite Netminder getting paid north of 10m/yr, he'd own more than one, right... right?
I don’t think it’s easy to win Vezinas, he has 1 and has been a finalist for others, he could still win more, I don’t understand what you are disputing here. Is he worth 10.5 million? No. Is he worth 8.5? Yes, to many teams he would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad