Calgary Hitmen Konstantin Pushkarev

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
salostyle said:
The Kings should NOT count on him as a physical presence of any sort if he did 'alright' in a fight with Kris Versteeg (roughly 5'8" 160 lbs).

However a first game producing the GW goal is nothing to complain about. That division will be good this year. Lethbridge is off to an 0-3 start but will improve and be a contender, Red Deer and Medicine Hat are always strong, Swift has taken a step back and the Hitmen might be the early favourite in my eyes.

Should be fun to watch though...

We're not counting on him to be an enforcer by any means, but we're glad he's at least sticking up for himself instead of being another soft Euro that MANY Kings fans have complained about having for a while.

Remember, we have endured the past few seasons with a combination of Modry, Stumpel, Palffy, Straka, etc. Granted, Palffy and Straka are very skilled, but they were also very unphysical. There were even a couple threads made once Stumpel made a body check, because physical play from our Euros are alien to us :)

KINGLEWOOD

Apr 6, 2003
INGLEWOOD, CA
Visit site
That makes it 2 goals, 1 assist and 5 pims in 2 games for Push.

I listened to the game last night and one of the radio broadcasters mentioned that he spoke to one of the Kings scouts about Pushkarev. He said they were obviously happy he was able to play in the WHL, and commented on how good a player Pushkarev is.

So obviously the Kings will keep a close eye on him, and I don't know how far the Hitmen will go but I guess theres a chance he could play with the Monarchs if their season ends early.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Wow

Great to ear got him in my FHL sims league and I just can't wait for him to pan out

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
During the draft in 2003 the Wings were trying really hard to move up and grab him, Red Wing scouts were compaing him to Igor Grigorenko at the time.

He's a keeper that's for sure.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Birko19 said:
During the draft in 2003 the Wings were trying really hard to move up and grab him, Red Wing scouts were compaing him to Igor Grigorenko at the time.

He's a keeper that's for sure.

They offered their 2004 first rounder for him. Less of a playmaker than Grigs though.

Phoenix offered their remaining 03' draft.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
All Star United said:
But would you say more gritty and physical? Which one do you think have the best shot at having a good nhl career?

Pushkarev to the first question.

As of right now? I'd say Pushkarev. From all reports, Grigs has not been the same since the "accident".

Maybe it will come back, but at this point and time I would take Push.

Nagy would be a good comparison to Push right now.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Flames Draft Watcher said:
I saw him last night. He isn't as big as I was expecting (listed at 6'1) but looks more like 6'0, maybe even 5'11. Could just be his skating style I guess. Obvious skill level, he's much more purely skilled than Roman Tomanek, their other import and this got him moved up on the first line (Getzlaf and Ladd) later in the game. Didn't play soft out there, he didn't seem to be intimidated by the physical game. On the fight he was punched first by Versteeg (not sure why he didn't get the instigator or roughing call). Did okay in the fight, obviously that's not his strong suit.

But overall a great showing. Has the typical european skill level but looks to be determined to fight through the hard checking in the WHL. It looks like he'll be an impact player for the Hitmen, I'd say he's top 3 in terms of skill but not nearly as big or as strong physically as Ladd or Getzlaf (both of whom looked very good.) Getzlaf is the best prospect I've seen on the Hitmen since Brad Stuart (definitely take him over Beech or Brendl in a heartbeat), Anaheim has a real bluechipper there.

this sounds awesome !.. sounds exactly like how sjostrom learned how to play his second year. i can't wait to see calgary come to pg then if he's playing like sjostrom did his second year, fun to watch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->