Calgary Herald: Brian Burke offers his assessments on eve of NHL season

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Reread what I said, I said I wouldnt be shocked if hes' gone by midseason, I never said he isnt the GM. Actually lets face it, Burkes in charge.... Burkes the guy that tells Feaster which guys to get, he doesn't tell them how to go about it but hes the guy that gives out the orders, your' foolin yourself if you think Featser's in the drivers seat.

No he isn't he isn't he is just another voice in the room.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
From what I've gathered, Feaster, Weisbrod and Burke are a council of sorts. Feaster said if he or John feel they need a certain player they all talk about it and decide, same deal if Burke feels the same way. At the end of the day, all the moves go through Burke, but I don't think he's micro managing by any means.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Reread what I said, I said I wouldnt be shocked if hes' gone by midseason, I never said he isnt the GM.

Reread what you said. You said when he becomes GM (specifically taking time to deny the possibility that he never would). Basically your whole post was talking about Burke's (albeit future) job and plan as GM of the Flames. You aren't the first person to make this assumption, and you won't be the last, but I'm just not sure what point you guys are trying to make.

Aug 3, 2010
Probably because his wife and home are still in Toronto and knowing that he is a guy who is "community first", he probably still has a few engagements / appearances he's scheduled in to make in the Toronto community for charities and whatnot.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
From what I've gathered, Feaster, Weisbrod and Burke are a council of sorts. Feaster said if he or John feel they need a certain player they all talk about it and decide, same deal if Burke feels the same way. At the end of the day, all the moves go through Burke, but I don't think he's micro managing by any means.

That's how any management team works. Two eyes are always better than one. As long as there is a common consensus on the goals, everyone will work together to achieve them.

This really is a better role for Burke, and for any manager. Its a cushy gig that has less involvement with the details and efforts and more involvement with the holistic agenda. He might not like it now, but he'll have a hard time leaving now that he's done it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->