Series Discussion: Calgary Flames vs. Colorado Avalanche

What's the outcome of this series?

• Total voters

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Tre has said Thursday and CBC just ran a message that Calgary starts on Thursday.

Which is great because I am going to Fleshgod Apocalypse on Wednesday night.

Reactions: Sk8M8

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Really need to use this series to get special teams going. They have not been satisfactory lately.

Our Pp is complete ass, we are going in with an unknown with smith (and yes, he’s an unknown, his most recent game against a playoff team he allowed 3 on 15), and our Pk is nothing to write home about either. We’ve been amazing at es, but I’m scared if we go cold.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think we just wait and see what happens.

It's easy to forget that we haven't fielded our full team in a long, long time. Our current perception of what they are is probably a little off.

I remember the last time we made the playoffs, the Flames had had that incredibly hot stretch in the second half, but in the final couple of weeks, they cooled down significantly and ended up nearly giving LA an opening to push them out. Then the playoffs started and they flipped some kind of switch and were playing a much better brand of hockey, only to be undone by Elliott.

We should expect to see the Flames in their most impressive version come Thursday night. I'm excited.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I said 7. I hope less but tough to say what happens. Colorado could be tough due to the first line, but we're better overall. We should be anyway.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This is gonna be a high scoring series. My gut feeling tells me that goaltending is going to sink one of our first two games

Reactions: flamesforcup

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
gonna take my scorch to the old town road,
i'm gonna ride 'til I can't no more

flames in 5

Last edited:

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
My body is ready, I will be wearing my Tkachuk jersey.

We will need to roll all four lines and have them playing good.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Ol8Szps.jpg

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I’ve said it a couple times, but I put Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik against any line in the league and like our chances. Getting the favourable matchup in 4 games over a full series is a huge advantage.

Only worry is a hot Grubauer, but we saw how that worked with the Caps last year.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

8:30 pm start at home next Saturday is gross.

Rick Ball, Cassie Campbell-Pascal and Ryan Leslie are the broadcast crew for the series

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Good luck folks. I’m an Avs fan who is very respectful of other team’s fans. However once this series begins I may become an insufferable homer who thinks my team is entitled to every favorable call and play in existence.

Please accept my friendliness over the next few days before I enter your blocked lists on Thursday.

For reals doe, good luck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad