News Article: Calgary Flames Front Office is Awesome (paraphrased)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Lol you do realize they have to start somewhere right? Sigh. He was ready to take the starting role the same way spencer Martin is ready to be our back up. It’s based on ability and age does matter tardy boy lol. It means they have been brewing in the AHL for awhile. Duh. 😂

And you do realize that demko only had 10 games because of dim and greens stupidity right? Lol he should have played way more games before the 2019-20 season.

If Demko wasn’t ready then it means Binnington and cam ward wasn’t anywhere near ready to take their teams to a cup. Plenty of goalies are starters now with very little nhl games. Just off the top of my head. Swayman and Oettinger. I bet you that Boston really regrets that ullmark contract right now. Dallas not so much because they sort of need Holtby as an expensive back up.

So no not nonsense. Demko was ready. Sigh… dim Jim homers these days…. Just admit it, dim messed up.
Swing and a miss...He isnt Binnington,or Cam Ward..and when it comes to goalies, Dim Jim wasnt calling the shots either (although, under him, we developed two of the best goaltenders in the organization for quite some time)....Ian Clark was..

Demko wasnt ready...himself admitting he wasnt ready to be a starter until 2020.
"That was a solid first full NHL season for Demko, but .905 is a long way from making you a starter. Including the second half of the 2018-19 season, he has started 34 NHL games. Demko is going into the final year of a bargain contract ($1.05-million cap hit), and there is a Seattle expansion draft looming.

“I think last year was a good year for me to go through some ups and downs and learn a little bit more about what it’s like to be (in the NHL) full time,” he said. “I remember my first year in Utica (in the American League) was a really similar year, and I was able to come back in my second year after learning so much and applying things I’d picked up. I feel really confident going into this year. I’m right where I want to be in my career right now."..Sportsnet.

lol.

Tomatoes11

Dec 25, 2021
Swing and a miss...He isnt Binnington,or Cam Ward..and when it comes to goalies, Dim Jim wasnt calling the shots either (although, under him, we developed two of the best goaltenders in the organization for quite some time)....Ian Clark was..

Demko wasnt ready...himself admitting he wasnt ready to be a starter until 2020.
"That was a solid first full NHL season for Demko, but .905 is a long way from making you a starter. Including the second half of the 2018-19 season, he has started 34 NHL games. Demko is going into the final year of a bargain contract ($1.05-million cap hit), and there is a Seattle expansion draft looming.

“I think last year was a good year for me to go through some ups and downs and learn a little bit more about what it’s like to be (in the NHL) full time,” he said. “I remember my first year in Utica (in the American League) was a really similar year, and I was able to come back in my second year after learning so much and applying things I’d picked up. I feel really confident going into this year. I’m right where I want to be in my career right now."..Sportsnet.

lol.

Lol that quote doesn’t support what you are inferring at all. . He just said it was a good first year for him . Nowhere did it said or suggest that 2019 was too early. Lol His first full year could have easily happened in 2019 instead. You just inserted a bunch of your bs thoughts before the quote. Of course rookies have to go through ups and downs, it doesn’t mean he wasn’t ready for the trials and tribulations a year earlier. Yes, everyone is different and develop at their own pace but to suggest demko needed to be sheltered one more year and pissing away Marky as an asset just to give Demko another year as a back up was justified is ridiculous. He should have been the starter earlier period and there is absolute zero evidence that we would have ruined him if we started him earlier. If there is show me please. Lol

.905 is plenty good enough for a bottom of the barrel non playoff team. Carter Hart isn’t ruined at all and neither would demko be ruined.

Lol sigh…. Pastor of muppetz …sigh

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
The Flames are only contending because we gave away Tanev/Markstrom and Toffoli indirectly. Without Jimbo's massive blunders (even when starting at Myers) it's likely we swap places with them. We basically gave a pretty crappy org a new lease on life.

Also Andersson (2nd round pick used from Baertschi trade) and Mangiapane (apparently our scouts liked him, Benning saw him play ONE bad game and apparently did not want to draft him). Benning really needs to get his name on the Cup if Calgary wins it.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
and white cowboy hats....

Also the damn racists that come out of the woodwork during Stampede week.

Brings me back to when in my early 20’s living in Calgary getting called out by white trash cause I wasn’t wearing a god forsaken cowboy hat at the Stampede

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad