Calgary Flames coach Darryl Sutter denies abuse allegations from 2019

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
If these things were true there would be plenty of witnesses.

If what Carcillo said is not corroborated then it is not credible and is not worthy of belief.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Damn millennial SJW soyboys and their

efforts to ensure people face repercussions for their actions.

it’s hilarious how this stuff suddenly is “going to far” now that straight white guys are getting caught up in it.
It is inappropriate to raise racial issues in a non-racial situation. It infers bigotry on your part.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Who is trying to silence Carrillo? I personally won’t listen to his shit because he comes across as someone crying out for attention on a regular basis, often without anyone else backing up his claims.

Crying wolf comes to mind.

Add to that the fact that he was a dirty POS during his playing days, he comes across as a huge hypocrite.

I listen to people I respect, that’s pretty much the way the world works.
On ice behaviour does not diminish his credibility as a witness.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
If these things were true there would be plenty of witnesses.

If what Carcillo said is not corroborated then it is not credible and is not worthy of belief.
The one thing we have learned from the discussion of concussions is that witnesses do not come forward.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
So believe the one guy who says something bad who is a complete dirt bag while ignoring the rest of the people who have nothing but good things to say about him?
The way these things usually evolve is that witnesses come forward once others already have. Carcillo may have been an on-ice "dirt bag" but I am not aware of anything in his past which would cause one to question his candour. Also, the Los Angeles Kings locked Sutter out of their locker room.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
It says Carrillo played with the kings in 2013, but some of this happened in 2019 ?

Did I miss how witnessed what transpired then?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
On ice behaviour does not diminish his credibility as a witness.
What about dressing room behaviour? Does being an A-hole off the ice diminish his credibility?
What about the fact the Carcillo has/had serious substance abuse issues so his memory of events that happened 6 years before he made the accusations, may be some what iffy? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about the fact that Carcillo seems to have an axe to grind with the Sutter family? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about the fact that not a single person has come forward to corroborate his accusations, which were made almost a year and a half ago btw? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about Carcillo being an attention whore and lots of people wouldn't trust him as far they could throw him? Does that diminish his credibility?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
What about dressing room behaviour? Does being an A-hole off the ice diminish his credibility?
What about the fact the Carcillo has/had serious substance abuse issues so his memory of events that happened 6 years before he made the accusations, may be some what iffy? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about the fact that Carcillo seems to have an axe to grind with the Sutter family? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about the fact that not a single person has come forward to corroborate his accusations, which were made almost a year and a half ago btw? Does that diminish his credibility?
What about Carcillo being an attention whore and lots of people wouldn't trust him as far they could throw him? Does that diminish his credibility?
Carcillo never has and never will have any credibility.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I wouldn't go so far as to call this a case of cancel culture. This re-surfaced because a reporter asked Sutter about it, not because Carcillo brought it up again. If he had brought it up again since the hiring, that might've been different. Since he didn't, though, this whole discussion of cancel culture seems a little out of place and distracting. We should be discussing the merits of the accusation and its credibility without tarnishing the good name of cancel culture by associating Carcillo with it.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I wouldn't go so far as to call this a case of cancel culture. This re-surfaced because a reporter asked Sutter about it, not because Carcillo brought it up again. If he had brought it up again since the hiring, that might've been different. Since he didn't, though, this whole discussion of cancel culture seems a little out of place and distracting. We should be discussing the merits of the accusation and its credibility without tarnishing the good name of cancel culture by associating Carcillo with it.
Carcillo did bring it up again. They asked him about it and he said Darryl is a bad human and he hasn't changed.

Unless I'm reading it wrong.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007

Nah dude, this is just a symptom of the "woke SJW mob" out of control. How dare you illustrate that these comments were made in 2019, and not recently as some kind of attempt to "cancel" Sutter. People are just snowflakes these days. Why can't I offend with impunity like I used to!?

Reactions: Yung Rotini

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Nah dude, this is just a symptom of the "woke SJW mob" out of control. How dare you illustrate that these comments were made in 2019, and not recently as some kind of attempt to "cancel" Sutter. People are just snowflakes these days. Why can't I offend with impunity like I used to!
Carcillo made the comments about Sutter being a bad human being who hasn't changed yesterday.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Carcillo made the comments about Sutter being a bad human being who hasn't changed yesterday.

Where, in the link provided in the OP, does it state this? The allegations and accusations of abuse being discussed in this thread were made in 2019, not yesterday.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Where, in the link provided in the OP, does it state this? The allegations and accusations of abuse being discussed in this thread were made in 2019, not yesterday.
They asked Carcillo about the comments and the quote about him bring a bad human being who hasn't gone through a process to change was his repsnse yesterday.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
They asked Carcillo about the comments and the quote about him bring a bad human being who hasn't gone through a process to change was his repsnse yesterday.

Yes, and the allegations and accusations of abuse, those which people are associating with "cancel culture", were made in 2019.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, and the allegations and accusations of abuse, those which people are associating with "cancel culture", were made in 2019.
Help please.
So Carcillo made these accusations of abusiveness by Sutter back in 2019 about things that happened in 2013?

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Help please.
So Carcillo made these same accusations of abusiveness by Sutter back in 2019?

Yes, the initial allegations, as per the article, were made in 2019. When Sutter did his presser, he was asked to clarify, and according to the article, ESPN asked Carcillo to clarify on Friday, and so he did.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, the initial allegations, as per the article, were made in 2019. When Sutter did his presser, he was asked to clarify, and I'm assuming they asked Carillo to clarify as well, but the article doesn't make that clear.
According to Carcillo:
abusive coach in 2013?
Accusations made in 2019?
Reporter asks Sutter about this yesterday?
Did Sutter answer to these accusations in 2019?

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
According to Carcillo:
abusive coach in 2013?
Accusations made in 2019?
Reporter asks Sutter about this yesterday?
Did Sutter answer to these accusations in 2019?

Yeah that about sums it up, and no, Sutter didn't answer to these accusations in 2019.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Dan Carcillo needs to speak up about being a hypocrite.

But as for Sutter, the Flames just don't have solid ownership and are secretly such a mess. The Flames are one big dumpster fire waiting to happen.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Sutter is a demanding coach. If you give him 110%, he'll ask for 115%. It's why he has such a short shelf life. I don't doubt he's yelled at the boys. I don't doubt he's done what tough coaches tend to do, but no one has come forward on the Kings to say they were abused or ever felt like Darryl didn't care about them. Carcillo played on the Kings for 26 games. Darryl's been away from the org long enough that if anything egregious happened, it would have come out by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad