• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Get rid of Holland Carey DD51 and Kampfer ASAP...Bring up the two kids from Hartford and get speedy returns from Buch and Kreids plus whatever young ready guys from trades and this would be fun to watch

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Happy they won but will be annoyed if they go like .500 the rest of the way. Win 'em all or lose 'em all, please.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Ill never be able to watch a game and root for them to lose. Sam seemed to have some extra pep in his step tonight and the crowd seemed loud. Loved every second of this one. Ship out the dead weight and let the kids take the reigns. Let the chips fall where they may.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kids energized these guys and the team is now playing all loosey goosey. I'm not saying they'll go on some crazy run but we've seen stranger things. Let's see how they do against a deep Winnipeg team after the adrenaline wears off.

I do like how both Pionk and Gilmour are "modern" NHL DMen in that they can both skate and pass and transition fast.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Ill never be able to watch a game and root for them to lose. Sam seemed to have some extra pep in his step tonight and the crowd seemed loud. Loved every second of this one. Ship out the dead weight and let the kids take the reigns. Let the chips fall where they may.
Let the kids take the reigns, yes! AV needs to realize that means letting rookie D men make mistakes here and there. Let them learn from them instead of AV benching them or breaking them up. Pencils are made with erasers for a reason.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Pionk made some plays in the d zone especially on the pp no Ranger d man has been able to make in a while lol
McDonagh always battles the puck when it comes to him...like a grenade with a pulled pin . We did not miss him back there during the PP last night .

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Pionk was robbed on an assist on Grabners goal. WTF they can’t screw up a kids first NHL point. Watch the replay at NHL.com how the puck slows down when it goes past Pionk, a Calgary player is in the way but Pionk clearly touches the puck since it slows down that much...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
And why the f*** didn’t DeAngelo get the 2nd assist on Nash’s PP goal?? They mean Zucc deflected his pass across the zone? Can’t say for 100% but it just seem very unlikely. What a group of clowns doing the game at MSG. Give the kids their points.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
I do like how both Pionk and Gilmour are "modern" NHL DMen in that they can both skate and pass and transition fast.

It was even better than that in the case of Pionk. Every play was the smart play. He didn't look like a Dman who was focused on ALWAYS finding the breakout pass and he made no mistakes in his own zone, regularly making the right decision, which we just haven't seen enough this season. Too often these days puck moving dmen are just puck moving dmen, but Pionk looks like a guy who wants to defend and will take the safe play when need be. It was the same in pre-season, all the right choices. I know that we've barely seen him (and i don't get excited about young dmen until they've been consistently good), but boy do I like what I have seen.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
And why the **** didn’t DeAngelo get the 2nd assist on Nash’s PP goal?? They mean Zucc deflected his pass across the zone? Can’t say for 100% but it just seem very unlikely. What a group of clowns doing the game at MSG. Give the kids their points.
DeAngelo has had a few other "near-assists" recently.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Happy they won but will be annoyed if they go like .500 the rest of the way. Win 'em all or lose 'em all, please.
I AGREE

I know I'll get flamed but I want them to bottom out this one year... maybe next also if need be but no need to win anymore games this season. At this point I think AV is trying to get fired saying things like he did about Hank.

Just bottom out and hope we hit the lottery

Reactions: Samuel Culper III

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Get rid of Holland Carey DD51 and Kampfer ASAP...Bring up the two kids from Hartford and get speedy returns from Buch and Kreids plus whatever young ready guys from trades and this would be fun to watch

They might do this with Chytil for the last 10 games otherwise he will have burned a year off of his ELC which is pointless for us. Lias is likely heading back to Sweden though. Chytil is absolutely tearing up the AHL though, something like 24 points in his last 28 games.

Reactions: bl02

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If we played the kids from the start we might actually have been good this year. I ****ing hate AV.

There's no real way to know if either player was ready at that point. And DeAngelo was on the opening night roster.

My guess is that we'd be at the same place, at best, but feeling better about it.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
McDonagh always battles the puck when it comes to him...like a grenade with a pulled pin . We did not miss him back there during the PP last night .
My apologies I meant Pionk made some great plays while on the pk but I agree with the puck handeling of Gilmour and ADA on the PP. Hate to say it much better than Mcdonagh.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
There's no real way to know if either player was ready at that point. And DeAngelo was on the opening night roster.

My guess is that we'd be at the same place, at best, but feeling better about it.
I agree as much i was very excited to say Pionk play and play really well against some good forwards its one game. I'm also sure that the time in hartford helped their games.

Reactions: leetch99

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Won't see Chytil or Andersson with the big club until they can ensure won't cause them to lose rookie status.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Yup.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They might do this with Chytil for the last 10 games otherwise he will have burned a year off of his ELC which is pointless for us. Lias is likely heading back to Sweden though. Chytil is absolutely tearing up the AHL though, something like 24 points in his last 28 games.

Why would Lias head back to Sweden? He'll end the year with the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad