GDT: Calgary Flames (31-25-6) @ DETROIT RED WINGS (15-44-4) 5 pm MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
giphy.gif

Bare minimum win from a bare minimum team.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Seriously, why isn't Kylington-Brodie a thing?
Normally I'd agree. But if we did it right now while Gio AND Hammer are out, that would imply a Yelesin-Stone, Yelesin-Davidson, or a Davidson-Stone pairing (assuming they keep Hanifin-Anderson together).

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Normally I'd agree. But if we did it right now while Gio AND Hammer are out, that would imply a Yelesin-Stone, Yelesin-Davidson, or a Davidson-Stone pairing (assuming they keep Hanifin-Anderson together).

- having a strong top 4 is way more important than a decent 3rd pair. You can pick and choose icetime for the 3rd pair. The improvement a Kylington-Brodie pair would bring is greater.
- Davidson-Yelesin actually sounds like a good pairing.
- I'd be fine with Davidson-Stone too.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wonder if I'm in the strong minority here, but physicality aside, I have felt like Yelesin has not been an NHL-calibre defenceman in his stint here so far. It seems like every time he makes a play on the puck, the Flames lose ground to the opposition.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FWIW, this guy called some trades before anyone else in past years:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Now it all makes sense. They're don't want home ice in the playoffs.
2a9.jpg

It's actually mind boggling how good the Flames have been on the road, because you wouldn't really think that given we're losing ground in the WC race and our middling record. We've been a complete dumpster fire at home, Rittich's numbers are a complete joke, the team can't score, no one shows up, it's stupid.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
We're going to lose Brodie or Hamonic for nothing, which is sad. The worst part is we will probably sign Hamonic.

The game last night was pretty blah. Looking back the last even like 3 weeks.. we've lost to a few bottom feeders and now that's probably going to bite us in the ass.. typical Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad