GDT: Calgary Flames (3-3) @ Vancouver Canucks (3-3) Game 7 5PM MT SNW

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
That team was all heart. Look at the regular season individual stats of that team. You basically had Kipper, Iginla and the Leopold-Regehr pairing that would fit today’s #1 goalie, top 4 D and Top 6 forward tiers.

So basically there were 4 top players surrounded by 3rd-4th liners and 3rd pairing defence men. That Cup run was a testament to how much heart that team had and how amazing Kipper and Iggy were that playoff run.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
That team was all heart. Look at the regular season individual stats of that team. You basically had Kipper, Iginla and the Leopold-Regehr pairing that would fit today’s #1 goalie, top 4 D and Top 6 forward tiers.

So basically there were 4 top players surrounded by 3rd-4th liners and 3rd pairing defence men. That Cup run was a testament to how much heart that team had and how amazing Kipper and Iggy were that playoff run.

Ya, I miss guys like Yelle, Nilsson, Nieminen, Clark, Donovan...

I remember before the playoffs started Van fans were giving us no chance, sure we were underdogs, but I knew if we could keep it 5 on 5 as much as possible we'd have a shot

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I forgot how much I wanted to punch Ruuttu's ugly face...

And that whole last 15 seconds of Iggy sending the puck to the empty net, the jacket being thrown, the stick being slashed out of his hands, him tripping over it, and the Canucks tieing it up. I thought we were doomed....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->