Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
For what it's worth this is my 2013 re-draft

RE DRAFT
Colorado-Nathan Mackinnon C (1)
He's been without a doubt the rookie of the year and has lived up to the hype

Florida-Sean Monahan C (6)
Monahan is the closet to catching Mac for ROY. He's been very successful in cowtown

Tampa Bay-Jonathan Drouin W (3)
He's been elite in the Q and at the WJs and a Stammer/Drouin/Kucherov combo will be elite

Nashville-Valeri Nischuskin W (10)
Elite scorer for team that need scoring. Although there is the Russia factor

Carolina-Seth Jones D (4)
Canes need D, Jones is the best Dman available

Calgary-Alex Barkov C (2)
If they can't get Monahan they still need their #1C. Barkov's quietly done well in Florida in at the Olympics

Edmonton-Darnell Nurse D (7)
They need to make up for past bad drafts in refusing to draft a Dman. They got this one right

Buffalo-Rasmus Ristolainen D (8)
The Sabers need D and Rasmus has had a great year in the WJs and woth Turku TPS in the FEL

Vancouver-Elias Lindholm C *(9)
Lindholm's two way game would've done him well in the Couv

Dallas-Anthony Mantha W (20)
He's had a beast year. The big, power scorer is looking like a Corey Perry type pick. This is what the Stars need

Philadelphia-Josh Morrisey D (13)
Had a great showing in the WJs and Philly needs D

Phoenix-Max Domi C (12)
Coyotes need scoring and that's what they get. Also a little attention in Tie Domi's son

Winnipeg-Bo Horvat C (9)
They need a top end two way C. Horvat, Kane, Wheeler together would be nice

Columbus-Alex Wennberg W (14)
Jackets got it right. Great WJs and CBJ gets a replacement for Gaborik

Islanders-Nikita Zadorov D (16)
They draft what they need. A big, two way defenceman. He had a great WJs and played well with London this year

Buffalo-Ryan Pulock D (15)

Ottawa-Emile Poirier W/C (22)

San Jose-Sam Morin D (11)

Columbus-Mirco Mueller D (18)

Detroit-Curtis Lazar W (17)

Toronto-Frederick Gautier C (21)

Calgary-Andre Burakovsky W (23)

Washington-Hunter Shinkaruk W (24)

Vancouver-Kerby Rychel W (19)

Montreal-Morgan Klimchuk W (28)

Anaheim-Robert Hägg D (41)

Columbus-Nik Petan C (43)

Calgary-Laurent Dauphin C (39)

Dallas-Jacob De La Rose W (34)

Chicago-Zach Fucale G (36)

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
No way.
Cannot believe what I'm reading.

I remember how much all of you **** on me when I complained about winning a couple extra games last year and getting this kid. With you especially banging the Monahan drum along with some other dude I forget. Mack is the real deal; and for a couple wins last season he could have been ours without this trade.

I would trade all three for Mack in an instant. Monahan will be a good player, Poirier might either be a big time player or third liner... and God knows about Klimchuk.

Definately got the wrong guy. At 6th, I was hoping for Nichushkin. I never wanted Monahan. I like him now but I was always in favour of trading up. Also, my username wasn't even Chris Butler before the draft last year lol

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Lets face it... This organization doesn't pick bottom 5, ever! Actually something to be proud of!

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lets face it... This organization doesn't pick bottom 5, ever! Actually something to be proud of!

I don't know where we are going to pick, but the kids won't sustain this level of play for the stretch run. They often perform well once being called up, then they typically hit a wall and level off to some extent. I still think we will see more losses than wins to end the year. But you are right, were a proud organization and we should be given credit for never packing it in.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009

But would you rather have 5 years of mediocraty, where you never got a top 5 pick, or 5 years of top 5 picks? Lpl

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
But would you rather have 5 years of mediocraty, where you never got a top 5 pick, or 5 years of top 5 picks? Lpl

What the hell is mediocraty? :laugh: (jk)

Well, we have some very promising prospects already... They wont all pan out, but a good chunk probably will. Monahan looks like the real deal outside the top 5, and i'm sure someone like Virtanen / Ritchie outside 5 would too.

Yes, I would like a top 3 (5) pick this year, but I would still be proud/happy for the guys if they worked hard and played themselves out of it.

At the end of the day, I want this team to win. I can't change results, so I cheer for my team no matter what!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I don't know where we are going to pick, but the kids won't sustain this level of play for the stretch run. They often perform well once being called up, then they typically hit a wall and level off to some extent. I still think we will see more losses than wins to end the year. But you are right, were a proud organization and we should be given credit for never packing it in.

Meh. Nobody remembers 2nd last place as being very "noble". Nobody jots down 2nd best in the history books.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
We're still 5 points back of Nashville, I can't see us catching them.

I think we're in a lock for a top 5 pick, which is fine for me when teams who have been rebuilding for years are still below us (which is embarrassing).

I'd be fine with Draisatl, Dal Colle, or Ritchie

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
We're still 5 points back of Nashville, I can't see us catching them.

I think we're in a lock for a top 5 pick, which is fine for me when teams who have been rebuilding for years are still below us (which is embarrassing).

I'd be fine with Draisatl, Dal Colle, or Ritchie

Those are my picks as well

BacksInTheSaddle

Feb 6, 2014
Saskatchewan
Man am I ever excited for the future. Just thinking about getting any one of these top end guys is putting a smile on my face. I haven't had a chance to see a lot of these guys play (unfortunately I missed all the games my Moose Jaw Warriors played against Kooteny) but I did see both Virtanen and Draisaitl and I believe both would be incredible pick ups. Virtanen looks like a faster James Neal, crazy shot and tenacious as heck. Draisaitl looks just dominant every time he steps on the ice (granted this was against the lackluster Warrior team).

My order would be:

1. Ekblad: I dont think we are as desperate for a blue-chip defensive prospect as most think but he certainly couldn't hurt.

2/3. Reinhart/Bennett: Too close to call in my opinion. Bennett has slight edge in my opinion but family connections?

4. DC: would be perfect with Monahan I think, my brother lived in Oshawa and had nothing but high praise for him.

5. Draisaitl: above mentioned, mediocre world juniors but crazy good in WHL

6. Virtanen: Above mentioned and fact that he plays in Calgary (I know its a stupid reason but they will have had a good look at him)

7. Ritchie: Burke will like his size but who's to say he is even the GM at the draft, and he's not an idiot. If there is a better player available I have to belive he will take him.

Anyways just been reading these boards for quite some time and wanted to maybe join in on some of the discussions haha everyone here seems like reasonable/nice folk. I know my list is pretty generic but what the hell, thought I would post anyways. Cheers :)

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
I think Reinhart is better than Bennett and will b drafted higher. But you never know, Barkov went #2. Both player would fit in well with the Flames. 2 way gritty player with a lot of offensive upside who feed our snipers like Johnny hockey and Baertschi. Really hope one of them drops. Reinhart is a little like Kopitat or Toews, Bennett IS the next Killer. My rankings for CGY would ne

1. Aaron Ekblad
Elite Dman, we need another top Dman to play with Brodie. Reminds me a lot of Ruan Suter

2. Sam Reinhart
Him and Monahan's together are elite. Similar styles. Reinhart plays two ways and makes people around him better

3. Sam Bennett
Worse Doug Gilmour

4/5. Nick Ritchie/Leon Draisaitl
Ritchie is what we need, big PWF that's impossible to push off the puck. Has soft hands and speed also
Draisaitl is a combo of big Joe and Kopitar. Best defensive FWD in the draft, best playmaker in the draft. But will still go 30g and 70+ pts

6. Michael Dal Colle
A DC/Mon combo would be special. Kind of like Malkin bit obviosly worse, DC is a big PWF with two way ability and will score 70+ pts

7. Jake Virtanen
If je improves his consistensy he could be elite. Prolific scorer that has good strength and back check

8. Haydn Fleury
We could use another top pair D for later. Fleury's the next best D in the draft

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I've started to become a big supporter of Draisaitl. I think he's going to be very good. And with him and Monahan down the middle... It'd be two big boys.

Honestly; I am perfectly okay with any of the top 5 guys this year... I think this draft is a lot better than people are giving it credit. There's no Stamkos or Crosby; but there are Krejci, Bergeron, O'Riley and even Schenn type players available in the top 6. More than okay with that.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Well if he's lazy and he's putting up those numbers.. imagine what kind of numbers he would put up if he wasn't lazy ?!?!

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
He's not lazy. Maybe his best asset is his D. The best defensive FWDin the draft. He works hard in the corners. The one thing that we'll always pick is a player that has a high "ice Q" as TSN calls it. Everyone Burke picks and everyone we've picked in the last few years were smart. And the top 5 are all smart player. Two things we're getting is truculence and high IQ players in this draft

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
From what I've seen Leon seems to be a pretty lazy player. Yes or no?

I see him quite a bit with PA coming to town often and i've never walked away with that impression. He's also deceivingly big for 6'1. Looks taller and is built like an ox.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I would be happy with either Draisatl or Dal Colle, but at this point the player who is more NHL ready looks like Draisatl. Almost a 30 pound difference between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad