Calgary Flames 2013 Prospect Ranking - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
It gets a bit tougher around 4. I'm gonna say Klimchuk, but I had the mouse hovering over Jankowski for a few seconds.

Aug 3, 2010
Voted Knight as at this point he's the most NHL-ready with decent ceiling of talent. Between Jankowski and Knight for me.

I think Gillies should be in the top ten soon as well.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I said Jankowski, but Knight was right there as well for me. Before this camp, Jankowski had my curiosity, but now he has my attention. He had the physical gifts, hockey IQ and talent, and now he's shown the ability to develop, which greatly reduces the risk factor, though it is still present. I'm excited to see what he becomes.

Trae

Calgary
Jankowski is the easiest choice for me here, has the highest upside and looks better than Klimchuk at the same age, I'd probably also go with Poirier over Klimchuk as well. Neither will make my top 5 though, next pick is between Knight and Gillies for me.

TylerSVT*

I think Jankowski will win here, but i voted for Wotherspoon, i see top 2 pairing potential in him.

Jankowski is still too much of a question mark for me, i feel he needs a lot of development and even then im not sure he is a sure-fire NHL'r like Wotherspoon is.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Hovered over Janks for a long time but went with Gilles. His play has been crazy

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I went Janko. If he continues to develop I have no problem seeing him as a top six guy some day. Size, smarts, and the skills to go with it. He'll probably take longer than pretty much every other prospect in our pool, but I'm okay with that I think. Remember, two months older than Monahan.

I'm having a really hard time mentally trying to distinguish when to choose positionally for this poll. Gilles will probably be my next vote, though a part of me is waiting to see how he does this year before I get too crazy excited.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
This is tough. But went with Jankowski, he's got higher high end potential than Knight and he's still just 18.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Janko all the potential of Monahan just needs to get it to work against high level players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad