Proposal: Calgary - Colorado

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
Isn't Double Dion the same guy who used to tell us Stastny was a 3C?

:laugh:

Now Mackinnon is a worse player than Monahan who's bad defensively and only scores goals?

Yup sounds accurate...

Nothing wrong with saying monahan>mackinnon. Monahan has outproduced the whole draft class and the year before.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
I love HF. Contract term > talent

craziness that we deal with daily.. the term "team control" has brainwashed everyone, also everyone likes to act like 2 years of Duchene is a "rental" .... dont blame avs for denying this but the contract issues shouldnt be the decider in this one

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
craziness that we deal with daily.. the term "team control" has brainwashed everyone, also everyone likes to act like 2 years of Duchene is a "rental" .... dont blame avs for denying this but the contract issues shouldnt be the decider in this one

I'm pretty sure that if I started a Doughty (2yrs left) vs EJ (6yrs left) poll, EJ would actually get votes purely due to "team control" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

PS I love the phrase 2-year-rental, it's one of the most hilarious pieces of utter non-sense you'll read outside the world of politics.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Isn't Double Dion the same guy who used to tell us Stastny was a 3C?

:laugh:

Now Mackinnon is a worse player than Monahan who's bad defensively and only scores goals?

Yup sounds accurate...
You need to open your eyes a little, the only reason Monahan wasn't sent back to junior as an 18 year old was his hockey iq for playing a 200 ft game. Burke was on record as saying he made it impossible to send down because he was the teams second best defensive centre.

Monahan's game is grossly underrated because he's not flashy but make no mistake he's very good on both sides of the puck.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
MacKinnon's two-way game is grossly underrated because he's flashy; but make no mistake, he's very good on both sides of the puck.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I don't think anyone would say that Monahan has better raw tools than MacKinnon. He's faster, has better puck handling skills, all around better skater. Monahan has translated his game better as it has always been a simpler game.

I do love MacKinnon though. And having watched him play with Johnny.... I would give up a lot to have him.

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I like Duchene, and I think he'd fit well. I don't think he'd be worth the cost to acquire though, especially with how Sakic has valued him.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
:flames

C Matt Duchene
RW Blake Comeau

:avs

C Sam Bennett
RW Troy Brouwer
D Juuso Valimaki
2nd round pick in 2018

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I don't think anyone would say that MacKinnon has better raw tools than Monahan. He's faster, has better puck handling skills, all around better skater. Monahan has translated his game better as it has always been a simpler game.

I do love MacKinnon though. And having watched him play with Johnny.... I would give up a lot to have him.

please tell me this is a typo

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I just don't think Duchene is worth these pieces. I also don't think centre needs to be addressed. I get that Duchene can play wing, but we need a right handed shot.

Hell, I'll take a righty centre (please no mackinnon) but not at the cost of our best young guys. Rather find a deadline rental or a prospect we can develop at this point. I just want to see what the flames prospects can do this season, now.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Aside from their rookie years Monahan produces more. He's better defensively and literally a light year ahead of MacKinnon in the face off dot.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Calgary doesn't want Comeau. He adds nothing to this deal.

it helps even up the salary now while giving Calgary the benefit of being done with that salary after this season instead of having Brouwer's contract continue. Without Comeau in this proposal there's no Brouwer.

At least I assume that's why the poster included him in the proposal.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
it helps even up the salary now while giving Calgary the benefit of being done with that salary after this season instead of having Brouwer's contract continue. Without Comeau in this proposal there's no Brouwer.

At least I assume that's why the poster included him in the proposal.

This.

Also I vocally hate Comeau but his value is still somehow more than Brouwer's at this point.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
No interest in Duchene from a Calgary POV. Another 2 years at 6M for a 50-60 point player before he commands 8M+ on the open market on a longterm deal. No thanks to any of that.

Flames will keep their cost controlled assets as they try to build a cup contender with what they have already.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
No interest in Duchene from a Calgary POV. Another 2 years at 6M for a 50-60 point player before he commands 8M+ on the open market on a longterm deal. No thanks to any of that.

Flames will keep their cost controlled assets as they try to build a cup contender with what they have already.

If this happens...
Another 2 years at 6M for a 50-60 point player

Why would this happen...
before he commands 8M+ on the open market on a longterm deal

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett has been in alot of proposals. I'd think alot of flames fans are down on him. So while he does have talent has he show. It on Duchene level? Or even trending in that direction

No, Most sane Flames fans do not want to trade Bennett.

It's more of other fans want to steal Bennett when he is down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->