Pre-Game Talk: Calgary @ Anaheim - Nov 7, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Practice lines today. Neal is practicing with Chucky and Backs. Czarnik back in the lineup. Smith in goal tomorrow night? Dube out?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Really surprised Czarnik took an injury to draw back in. Hathaway and Jankowski have barely played for the past two games.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really surprised Czarnik took an injury to draw back in. Hathaway and Jankowski have barely played for the past two games.

Based on what we've seen, Peters seems to have a policy that he doesn't change the lineup after a win.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Peters basically stops playing fourth line in the third period if they're losing.

Czarnik and Ryan should switch places

I mean... I don't want to be a dick, but for decent reasons.
Jankowski and Hathaway, aren't what I'd call a threat out there most nights. Especially the way that the top 9 play this game. The last 5 games, that top 9 has been flying for the most part.

Reactions: Janks

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I hope Peters takes Ryan off the 2nd PP unit. Among the many things wrong with that unit he's one of them. Useless out there.Frankly if we're struggling to find a decent 4th fwd for that unit I'd rather see 2 d-men out there. Anything is better than what they are doing now because it ain't working.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I hope Peters takes Ryan off the 2nd PP unit. Among the many things wrong with that unit he's one of them. Useless out there.Frankly if we're struggling to find a decent 4th fwd for that unit I'd rather see 2 d-men out there. Anything is better than what they are doing now because it ain't working.

Yeah just dumb it down, work an overload. Pucks on net with screens

Reactions: Rubi

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah just dumb it down, work an overload. Pucks on net with screens

Totally unsure why it's not just:

PP1
Tkachuk - Monahan - Gaudreau
Giordano - Lindholm

PP2
Bennett - Backlund - Neal
Brodie/Hanifin - Andersson

Literally just work the puck to the right side the entire PP for Neal one-timers or boomers from Andersson (who's got a good accurate and heavy shot).

The second unit hasn't been working. Essentially it's the second line (that dominates play as is) and a modified pairing. Don't have to reinvent the wheel here. The second unit should just be funneling pucks on net the entire time; they don't need the Gaudreau cross-ice-through-traffic-'how'd it get there' pass from the second unit.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
I think Rittich has earned a draw back in; we are back to backs on the weekend so Smith will get his chance to earn a spot back then, but for now Ritter has earned it

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think Rittich has earned a draw back in; we are back to backs on the weekend so Smith will get his chance to earn a spot back then, but for now Ritter has earned it
I agree. I was a bit surprised to see Smith slotted in as tomorrow night's goalie (at least in practice today) but I guess management isn't quite ready to give up on Smith... yet.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Neither are Smith fantasy owners

My league's had him dropped 2 times already.
He was picked in like the 15th round as a 'steal' by one of our guys; within two weeks he was on waivers, where he was promptly picked back up. He's now on waivers again.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
He was picked in like the 15th round as a 'steal' by one of our guys; within two weeks he was on waivers, where he was promptly picked back up. He's now on waivers again.
If Smith is around at the beginning of December he would be a good pick up.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017

I’m in a 16 team league so goalies are tough to come by. Can’t afford to drop him. I went bargain bin on goalies too, only drafted late

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I’m in a 16 team league so goalies are tough to come by. Can’t afford to drop him. I went bargain bin on goalies too, only drafted late

Yeah, we're at 12.
There were a lot of guys who chirped me and one of the other guys in the league for squaring our goalies away within the first 4 rounds of the draft. The guys who have gone bargain bin, have been hurt for it. One guy only managed to salvage his goalie situation while Rinne was out (Saros was on waivers). Now that Rinne's back, he's back to split start goalie tandem. It'll hurt him the rest of the way.

crackdown44

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, we're at 12.
There were a lot of guys who chirped me and one of the other guys in the league for squaring our goalies away within the first 4 rounds of the draft. The guys who have gone bargain bin, have been hurt for it. One guy only managed to salvage his goalie situation while Rinne was out (Saros was on waivers). Now that Rinne's back, he's back to split start goalie tandem. It'll hurt him the rest of the way.

Kinkaid has been good for me and I usually pick up like one of Brossoit or Domingue when Tampa/Winnipeg have a back to back but yeah makes me use up my adds on goalies and carrying 3 hurts offensive production

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Kinkaid has been good for me and I usually pick up like one of Brossoit or Domingue when Tampa/Winnipeg have a back to back but yeah makes me use up my adds on goalies and carrying 3 hurts offensive production

Yeah. I had Quick to start the year... of course that hasn't gone to plan.
I picked up Kinkaid early during his super hot streak. Dropped him after his shutout, timed it perfectly because he stunk up the joint like 4 games after.

Right now I'm running Lehner and Rinne. Rinne essentially wins all my categories for me; and Lehner gives me starts (when he's healthy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->