GDT: Calgary (4-3-0) @ NYR (2-4-1), 5PM - SN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Jankowski and Hathaway are playing so bad

Rasmus has been our best player this game. He's a really smooth skater, not the fastest but good in every category.
Jankowski has actually been really good so far. Hathaway is killing everything he does, though.

I do feel bad for Hathaway on that play, though. That was a weak call.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ritter with a beautiful period of tending.
Made the saves he should, and made a few he shouldn't.

What we need from our goalies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Also.
Garnet Hathaway, how are you still in the lineup over Czarnik exactly?

In fairness, a Dube-x-Czarnik 4th line would be pretty undersized on the breakout, and most of this team seems to be a work in progress as far as learning the system. I'd like to see a Czarnik-Bennett-Neal line but Ryan definitely earned this game with those two after his excellent assist to Bennett in the previous game.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Tkachuk and Jankowski were the forwards I liked most that first period. Also Gaudreau looks really driven out there. Hope he has the desire to get multiple points this game and not just take his goal and go home.

Need someone on the third line to start going.

I think it's no coincidence that the Flames look worse against teams who are supposed to be rebuilding. When the Flames were rebuilding, they made a lot of good teams look ugly, too. When teams with good character expect to be bad, they play within their structure and tend to be more disciplined. If you can get a lead, they will be forced to loosen up, but playing against guys playing a tight defensive structure makes it difficult to make plays, which leads to frustration and indecision

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Tkachuk and Jankowski were the forwards I liked most that first period. Also Gaudreau looks really driven out there. Hope he has the desire to get multiple points this game and not just take his goal and go home.

Need someone on the third line to start going.

I think it's no coincidence that the Flames look worse against teams who are supposed to be rebuilding. When the Flames were rebuilding, they made a lot of good teams look ugly, too. When teams with good character expect to be bad, they play within their structure and tend to be more disciplined. If you can get a lead, they will be forced to loosen up, but playing against guys playing a tight defensive structure makes it difficult to make plays, which leads to frustration and indecision

IF you're playing hard, have little to lose and trying to have a job when the rebuild is over; you have to elevate your game. It also helps that Flames like to play at the level of their opponents.

In terms of guys who popped for me.
Rasmus Andersson is looking more and more like the guy I thought we would. When I saw him 3 Rookie camps ago, I said right away, the guy looks like Duncan Keith when he's playing at his top level. Really love the progress so far in his game.

In terms of forwards. Tkachuk, Bennett and the top line really made me happy. Good to see 3 different lines having a good impact. Really think Hathaway takes away from the good the 4th line has been doing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Honestly amazing that Based Gaudreau managed to collect that puck which was labelled two feet behind him and turned that into a goal, most other players and that probably ends up leaving the zone or something.
Yup, and I was so happy that Monahan spotted that pass option on the play and made it happen. Their chemistry is really what makes that play possible, because if he doesn't trust that Johnny will be able to do what he did, he probably just makes the safe, obvious play down low to Lindholm. The only way he could make that pass given the coverage was the way he did. McQuaid was ready and waiting for it, but the placement of the pass took him out of the equation.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Apparently GG was in the dressing room during the break

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad