GDT: Calgary (4-3-0) @ NYR (2-4-1), 5PM - SN

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kreider/Hayes/Zuccarello/Zibanejad are all top 6 guys. Buchnevich is too but AV does not like him for some reason.

Still, no excuses tonight. A good effort and assuming Lundqvist doesn't dominate, it should be two points for the good guys.
Maybe by some definitions. I think Kreider and Hayes are realistically very good third liners. But then again things like that are said about Backlund all the time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Some decent offensive-zone play by the Flames so far. Nice save by Rittich there, who looked nervy early.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Rittich's sloppy rebounds are making for some tough saves so far. Good thing he's been up to the task of stopping the rebounds, but I'd like to see him deal with first chances better.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Rittich's sloppy rebounds are making for some tough saves so far. Good thing he's been up to the task of stopping the rebounds, but I'd like to see him deal with first chances better.

How about we stop giving up odd man rushes? Rittich has been solid so far.

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017

He’s prob doin it on purpose to pad his stats

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Speaking of AV, is the audio really tinny for everyone, or is it just my TV? I hardly ever (get to) watch sports on this TV.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Rittich looking solid so far. I'm gonna be honest, he looks better than smith out there, but that's just me. If he can be a good 1B, I'll be really happy.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Flames are getting outworked handily so far. The rangers are doing way more to get in the inside areas

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Rittich looking solid so far. I'm gonna be honest, he looks better than smith out there, but that's just me. If he can be a good 1B, I'll be really happy.

He's a highly sound goalie technically and rather athletic. With him the biggest issues have been simply the velocity of NHL shots (which is an experience thing) and tracking through traffic (also probably an experience thing, though it might never improve).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad