Calgary’s 2013 draft class improved organizational depth for Flames

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

A year can surely make a difference for an NHL organization, and for the Calgary Flames, 2013 could prove to be their lucky year as the team changes directions. Calgary was fortunate enough to acquire eight valuable prospects in the 2013 NHL Draft to build a new foundation.

Previously, the Flames had a pattern of trading away draft picks, prospects, and the future in exchange for veteran pieces with hope that it would propel the team back into Stanley Cup contention. This management style did not work out as expected and ultimately did not leave the organization in a competitive position for the future.… read more

More...

Aug 3, 2010
Good read; wasn't much for an analysis but more of a "who's who" in the Calgary Flames organization.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah its a great way to introduce the Flames prospects. I'm not sure Bouma is a centre. And I don't recall Horak being mentioned. I wasn't sure if it was a 2013 draft class article that mentioned other prospects, or if it was an article providing a run down of the organizational depth chart in terms of prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad