Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sekera on the top pair, is this a joke?

Did you forget how amazing he was near the end of last year after just coming back from an injury? We're trying to win games, not throw them away.
To be fair, Sekera was wearing a knee brace when he came back that he absolutely hated and it hurt his mobility. As long as he is sent down for a conditioning stint, he should be much better.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It would be nice to see them waive Garrison to the farm.

Nice to see Jones earn the call up, play him tomorrow and put him on pp1 imo

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Did you forget how amazing he was near the end of last year after just coming back from an injury? We're trying to win games, not throw them away.

Did you forget he was playing with a knee brace last year? He was pretty much our best defenseman in 16-17, there's a good chance he is better than Nurse (even if a little) when he's back up to speed. Which is why I noted that in the post: "depending how he is".

Reactions: The Batman

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It would be nice to see them waive Garrison to the farm.

Nice to see Jones earn the call up, play him tomorrow and put him on pp1 imo
Jones imo I think has a better game than Nurse. Isn't as physical and doesn't have is atheltic ability but he is imo, a much smarter player. Still raw.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Did you forget he was playing with a knee brace last year? He was pretty much our best defenseman in 16-17, there's a good chance he is better than Nurse (even if a little) when he's back up to speed. Which is why I noted that in the post: "depending how he is".
2016/2017 was 2 surgeries ago.

Very unlikely he ever returns even close to that form.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Yup. I believe it was his shoulder. In the Bakersfield thread someone who’s watched the games said it seems like Bear has got complacent.

Hopefully seeing Jones called up before him lights a fire under him.

I haven't seen him place as much as replacement, but when I saw him in the AHL, Bear does seem to be missing something dynamic this year. I didn't focus on him as much, but it could be recovery from injury or just one of those "saw him bad" kinda games. Hard to say.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He needs to play if he's indeed called up, and not sit in the press box. Why do we even have two extra defensemen in Garrison and Wideman if they can't crack the lineup when an injury hits?

Well, that's an overly simplified argument. If Nurse, Benning, or Gravel were to get injured, I'd expect Wideman or Garrison to draw in. It's just that neither of those guys can replace a top-pairing defence man, and bumping Benning up is really not a great idea. So the AHL call-up here is a better option.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
All of our AHL call-ups have impressed me this season. Add me to the list of people excited to see what Jones can bring. He has earned it from all reports in Bakersfield and this is a big opportunity for him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He needs to play if he's indeed called up, and not sit in the press box. Why do we even have two extra defensemen in Garrison and Wideman if they can't crack the lineup when an injury hits?

waive the two. One's an idiot who acts all "cool" in Uber and the other is an old dinosaur who's done

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

His knee was 100% healed coming into this season, it clearly wasn’t last season when he came back. He struggled last season due to lack of mobility with his bad knee. Why should that still be a factor when he comes back from a totally separate injury. Not saying to throw him to the wolves or that he won’t have some rust in his game. But to automatically assume he’ll suck this year coming back from an injury because he sucked last year coming back early from a totally unrelated injury is shortsighted.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
His knee was 100% healed coming into this season, it clearly wasn’t last season when he came back. He struggled last season due to lack of mobility with his bad knee. Why should that still be a factor when he comes back from a totally separate injury. Not saying to throw him to the wolves or that he won’t have some rust in his game. But to automatically assume he’ll suck this year coming back from an injury because he sucked last year coming back early from a totally unrelated injury is shortsighted.
im sure coming back from another leg injury wont affect his mobility.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I'm excited to see how Jones plays in the bigs. By all reports he's done great for Bakersfield this season

Reactions: KYams17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->