Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

giphy.gif

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
He needs to play if he's indeed called up, and not sit in the press box. Why do we even have two extra defensemen in Garrison and Wideman if they can't crack the lineup when an injury hits?

Hitchcock has said he prefers 8 defencemen as it makes it easier to run drills in practice with four complete pairings as opposed to an odd number.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'm sure it will be a bumpy first few games, but how great would it be for this team if he sticks and proves to be a more reliable 2LD than Nurse going forward?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Oilers recall Jones per Gregor.

The right decision.

I'd run this until Klef (or Sekera) returns:

Nurse - Larsson
Gravel - Russell
Jones - Benning
Wideman

Note: After a few games if Jones is knocking it out of the park swap him with Gravel.

And when one of Klefbom or Sekera is back:

Klefbom / Sekera - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Benning
Wideman

Note: Swap Sekera with Nurse to 2nd pair if Sekera is the first to return and has a slow start (might be expected)

When both are back:

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Benning
Gravel

I like the looks of the D when both are back. Serviceable in the meantime.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Just dont give him the Marody treatment. Otherwise i'd rather have him building on his impressive season in the A
PLAY HIM

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
A little surprised it's not Bear, but with Wideman here, his role/skillset is sort of covered.

Jones brings a few more elements that are closer to Klefbom, so it makes sense.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Caleb has been spending 2-3 years training with his brother in the offseasons if those are wondering why he's been improving.

This video tells me Seth Jones will have zero issue playing his entire career in Colombus as long as they remain an average team. Guy is happy without all the nightlife as long as he is playing meaningful hockey. Caleb seems the same way. Two humble hard working kids, definitely easy to root for Caleb to make it.

North

Jun 25, 2009
A little surprised it's not Bear, but with Wideman here, his role/skillset is sort of covered.

Jones brings a few more elements that are closer to Klefbom, so it makes sense.

Bear has been struggling to get back to form according to reports from Bakersfield.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Bear has been struggling to get back to form according to reports from Bakersfield.
Jones has definitely surpassed him on the condors. Jones seemed to lack some Hockey IQ last year and has vastly improved it this year. Bear needed to work on his skating and IMO and he did not. I am very happy and excited for jones. He earned his time up with the big club. Let’s see what he got.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He needs to play if he's indeed called up, and not sit in the press box. Why do we even have two extra defensemen in Garrison and Wideman if they can't crack the lineup when an injury hits?
Better for them to sit in the press box than Jones.

pretty simple.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The right decision.

I'd run this until Klef (or Sekera) returns:

Nurse - Larsson
Gravel - Russell
Jones - Benning
Wideman

Note: After a few games if Jones is knocking it out of the park swap him with Gravel.

And when one of Klefbom or Sekera is back:

Klefbom / Sekera - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Benning
Wideman

Note: Swap Sekera with Nurse to 2nd pair if Sekera is the first to return and has a slow start (might be expected)

When both are back:

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera - Benning
Gravel

I like the looks of the D when both are back. Serviceable in the meantime.
Sekera on the top pair, is this a joke?

Did you forget how amazing he was near the end of last year after just coming back from an injury? We're trying to win games, not throw them away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad