Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yeah I agree. Oilers management makes no sense.

Particularly with them having a week and a half off coming up. Yamo hasn't played enough this year to take that time off, so get him down there. If they sent him today or tomorrow, he'd get into games on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Unless the plan is to play him tomorrow and do the same.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
I'm glad he got sent down finally. I have all kinds of faith / time for Caleb Jones. There are things up here that he knows he's capable of doing now. I expect he will only get better and better with some guidance.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm glad he got sent down finally. I have all kinds of faith / time for Caleb Jones. There are things up here that he knows he's capable of doing now. I expect he will only get better and better with some guidance.
For sure, but I don’t think he needed to be pummeled in the last few games to figure out what he needed to work on.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
Everyone knew he was going back to Bakersfield before Klefbom returned, so no surprise, especially with Petrovic returning and the team being whupped soundly the past two games. He has things to work on, but I'm definitely feeling more optimistic about the Oilers chances in the long term with him, Bear & Bouchard in the system.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Everyone knew he was going back to Bakersfield before Klefbom returned, so no surprise, especially with Petrovic returning and the team being whupped soundly the past two games. He has things to work on, but I'm definitely feeling more optimistic about the Oilers chances in the long term with him, Bear & Bouchard in the system.
Even if Jones is currently better than someone that might play on this roster, it's better for him to go back to the AHL. He's had some rough spots and doesn't need to be getting his development stunned.

Essentially the same with JP and KY, but that's a whole different story

Reactions: EternalFrost

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He's already the third or fourth best D this team has, warts and all. Glad they're keeping him away from this abortion of a team right now, though.

Reactions: Pugilist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad