Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Then we should try again XD but do a swap of d-men like...idk...Nurse +

Edit: Really doubt the jackets would do that but...man it would be awesome if he was on the team.
Yeah, he's a bonafide #1 Dman, they're not budging at anyone short of McDavid lol and that's not happening....Wait never mind just realized who our gm is.

It's ironic though. Chia spent a fortune at acquiring a dman and Caleb Jones is probably the best one he's got.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah, he's a bonafide #1 Dman, they're not budging at anyone short of McDavid lol and that's not happening....Wait never mind just realized who our gm is.

It's ironic though. Chia spent a fortune at acquiring a dman and Caleb Jones is probably the best one he's got.

Yeah, and I think that is only way to go is to keep on drafting to better our D-corps. We can't move forward without proper depth, it cripples us too much when a couple of our top 4 go down. That is just not good.

Reactions: walktheboulavard

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Yeah, and I think that is only way to go is to keep on drafting to better our D-corps. We can't move forward without proper depth, it cripples us too much when a couple of our top 4 go down. That is just not good.
You and I know that but the guy getting paid to call the shots doesn't. What's equally alarming is we lack wingers as well; we lack depth everywhere, except 6/7/8 dmen, we got plethora of those.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
You and I know that but the guy getting paid to call the shots doesn't. What's equally alarming is we lack wingers as well; we lack depth everywhere, except 6/7/8 dmen, we got plethora of those.
Agreed. Let's pray that we will get someone with a little more sense soon. It's basically at the tipping point now. Something has to give. But I am really glad for Jones, I think he has good role models in his brother to look up too. I hope we can get more of that from our developing D in the minors and juniors in the next couple years.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
We definitely have a gem here. He played 23 minutes tonight, in like his 7th game.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Jones - Bouchard
Gravel/Benning/Manning

Next year, barring any major injuries, our D-corps would be solid without Darnell Nurse. I like putting him on the top pp unit, to score loads of points, increase his value and trade him for a good winger.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
We definitely have a gem here. He played 23 minutes tonight, in like his 7th game.

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Jones - Bouchard
Gravel/Benning/Manning

Next year, barring any major injuries, our D-corps would be solid without Darnell Nurse. I like putting him on the top pp unit, to score loads of points, increase his value and trade him for a good winger.
I don't like the idea of putting rookie defenders together. Much better to put them with a vet to help them grow.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Klefbom - Larsson
Sekera - Russell
Jones - Bouchard
Gravel/Benning/Manning

There is about a zero percent chance of Sekera being a top four guy moving forward. We'll be lucky if he can hold down bottom pairing minutes without getting destroyed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Still love Jones...thankfully his big mistakes (like the one tonight) are few and far between. He is going to be a fine player.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
There is about a zero percent chance of Sekera being a top four guy moving forward. We'll be lucky if he can hold down bottom pairing minutes without getting destroyed.

I posted my new best-case scenario on the proposals thread, w/out giving Nurse.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Still love Jones...thankfully his big mistakes (like the one tonight) are few and far between. He is going to be a fine player.
I just hope they are smart with him, which I believe Yawney is with young guys. Guy makes a mistake Yawney doesn't point it out, shows the guy positive to try help his confidence.

Luckily there will be too many guys in a couple weeks from now and if he is struggling it's an easy call to send him down. Just right now sadly he's better than a lot of guys

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I just hope they are smart with him, which I believe Yawney is with young guys. Guy makes a mistake Yawney doesn't point it out, shows the guy positive to try help his confidence.

Luckily there will be too many guys in a couple weeks from now and if he is struggling it's an easy call to send him down. Just right now sadly he's better than a lot of guys

I hear you on the first part of your post although I see this more of a revelation that Jones is as good as he is.
He looks like a vet 90% of the time. Considering he is 21 and a 4th round draft pick that is absolutely amazing.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Jones to me is the next Klefbom/Petry. Different playing style, but a smooth, calm approach to the game that will make a big difference.

He is on my no trade list, and it isn't a big list.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Eh, the rest I need to see how they actually perform at an NHL level. Tired of getting my hopes up over prospects that don’t pan out.

North

Jun 25, 2009

I'm struck by his decision making (save for that backhand pass). It seems light years ahead of Nurse's.

He just seems to think the game far better than Nurse and I've long hoped one of him and/or Bear make some of the guys we currently have on d expendable.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He played on the top pairing against one of the biggest and best teams in the league without looking out of place. It's still early but he's looking like he's going to be a full time NHL player by next season.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
He played on the top pairing against one of the biggest and best teams in the league without looking out of place. It's still early but he's looking like he's going to be a full time NHL player by next season.

I already have him penciled on the opening night roster next season. McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Chiasson, Klefbom, Larsson, Jones

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm struck by his decision making (save for that backhand pass). It seems light years ahead of Nurse's.

He just seems to think the game far better than Nurse and I've long hoped one of him and/or Bear make some of the guys we currently have on d expendable.

I have to agree at this point in time although I have not given up on Nurse.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Not to mention his bloodlines and high compete level and heavy offseason training.. I think we have a player here folks.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad