Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Sekera won’t be movable. Russell will be moved. Nobodies taking Sekera whom has missed the better part of two seasons plus has a higher ticket and a stricter NTC. Russell will be moved over Sekera 100%.

I am assuming he comes back and plays 1/2 season at a 4/5 level by the end and the Oilers eat some contract, as well as offer up a good draft pick or prospect to take him. I agree on the surface Russell is more moveable but the Oilers won't put a package together to move Russell like they would Sekera IMO.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Ive always been high on Jones since draft day. Seems like he is the complete package. Of all the Oiler D prospects drafted after round 1 in the past, Jones has always been the most promising to me. Even when Bear was having success last year and Jones was in the AHL, I still saw Jones as more upside (and I like Bear)

Hopefully hell prove me right

Everything though, will depend on his underlying stats.:D

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Sekera won’t be movable. Russell will be moved. Nobodies taking Sekera whom has missed the better part of two seasons plus has a higher ticket and a stricter NTC. Russell will be moved over Sekera 100%.

Doesnt Russell have a NMC and wants to stay in Alberta ? Either he is tradded to Calgary (highly unlikely) or he is staying here.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Doesnt Russell have a NMC and wants to stay in Alberta ? Either he is tradded to Calgary (highly unlikely) or he is staying here.

Next season he has a list of 10 teams that he has to submit to being traded to. The following season the list grows to 15 teams.

Sekera’s is 15 teams starting next year.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Next season he has a list of 10 teams that he has to submit to being traded to. The following season the list grows to 15 teams.

Sekera’s is 15 teams starting next year.
Didn’t realize we started getting some wiggle room with both as early as next year. That’s big. We just don’t have the development far enough along to make playoff noise but starting next year, we are going to start coming together, if Chia has someone who has to ok any deal he thinks up to save his job. For so many good picks wasted, I’m liking a number of pieces coming up in the system. It will drive me nuts if Jones plays to this level or higher and Benning somehow is in the lineup February and beyond.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Didn’t realize we started getting some wiggle room with both as early as next year. That’s big. We just don’t have the development far enough along to make playoff noise but starting next year, we are going to start coming together, if Chia has someone who has to ok any deal he thinks up to save his job. For so many good picks wasted, I’m liking a number of pieces coming up in the system. It will drive me nuts if Jones plays to this level or higher and Benning somehow is in the lineup February and beyond.

Benning needs a change of scenery. Him for a change of scenery forward and the deadline sounds smart

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Glad to see Jones doing good. This team definitely could need a positive surprise from one of its young prospects. Seems we haven't had one of those in ages.

Wrt Sekera/Russell, I don't know. I think it is already difficult to move them this upcoming summer, especially if they don't want to go. It would take Russell a minute to figure out which teams don't want/need him and he'd just throw those in as his 10 teams.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No he has to submit a list this summer. It turns into a NTC the last two years.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
When your rookie defenceman continues to be the bright spot game after game.

Congratz on a sweet first NHL goal, in what was otherwise an unforgettable game.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Jones, Nurse, Klefbom and Bouchard are great D to have at these stages. ELCs and next contracts should do wonders if the Oilers can drop Sekera's salary.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Sad to see his reaction to what should've been a moment of elation. It shows that he is all about the team, I wouldn't have minded if he celebrated heavily given the milestone but I respect the hell out of how he carried himself out there.
Yea, not a good time to be an Oiler.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Sad to see his reaction to what should've been a moment of elation. It shows that he is all about the team, I wouldn't have minded if he celebrated heavily given the milestone but I respect the hell out of how he carried himself out there.

I'm starting to really really like him. His composure and ability are so impressive.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010

Man.... I immediately felt bad for him that his first goal came in that train wreck of a game.

First NHL goal is such a huge moment and he was robbed of the celebration.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
At least his teammates stood up at the bench to congratulate Jones on his first NHL goal. Might have been the most work most of them did all game

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I guess with wideman and Garrison being traded it means jones has a permanent spot in the nhl?

North

Jun 25, 2009
I guess with wideman and Garrison being traded it means jones has a permanent spot in the nhl?

I'm not opposed if he keeps up his play. He's been a bright spot since he was called up.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton

he's a rookie who's looked good in his few games and has a whopping goal in 6 games played. We've found our answer.

Nothing against jones, I like him and hope he is a regular top 4 dman asap, but putting any stock into him being a full time nhler at this point is a move only the oilers would make.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Jones first game playing top pair competition against the Jets.
via natural stat trick
TOI: 20:13
CF% 55.81
FF% 53.33
GF% 66.67

This kid's dynamite.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad