Prospect Info: Caleb Jones

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I have no issue with acquiring Petrovic as he has some ability and is good insurance to have around, especially after seeing how much injuries have decimated the defense this year. Jones won't be pushed out if he keeps his level of play where it is. The Manning acquisition makes little sense even if I don't think losing Caggiula is much to be concerned about.
I agree with this. Though Petrovic has been pretty bad in the games he played. Manning didn't make sense at any point. Regardless of assets used. Russell came back what 3 games after the trade? A stopgap internally made way more sense than spending assets towards something that is not an upgrade. Jones has been a pleasant surprise and has been getting more minutes each game. When every defenseman is healthy he should be on the 3rd d pairing but might not be due to terrible asset management.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Im worried Hitch has been told to play Jones a lot so we can showcase him to trade him for another bottom 6 forward.
I'd be asking the same question myself if he didn't look like the 2nd or 3rd best dman each and every game he's played.

There has been some reports that Jones has been gaining interest and traction as a good young defenseman around the league however. I couldn't help but think Uh Oh, when I heard that a couple of times.

I wonder what this means for the upcoming expansion draft too, can we protect him? I think maybe Russel, and Sekera's contract come off the books also Larsson will be entering UFA, I wonder if they can agree on signing him after the expansion so they could protect Jones. Because, if they can't protect Jones we'll most likely lose him to draft expansion. That would suck.

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
2nd pair is too much for him right now. Ideally he replaces Manning on the 3rd pair when Klefbom comes back.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I love the treatment that some of the players get from some fans. He made mistakes against one of the top teams in the league, better send him down he's trash. Same old same old and Nurse has to go too. While they're at it ship out Leon because he's just dead weight too.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I love the treatment that some of the players get from some fans. He made mistakes against one of the top teams in the league, better send him down he's trash. Same old same old and Nurse has to go too. While they're at it ship out Leon because he's just dead weight too.
Or maybe he should be sent back because he's being miscast on this team and needs more seasoning?

space321

May 11, 2011
It's too bad he only has Larsson available as his partner. Larsson hasn't been good enough at covering his mistakes, and on some nights Larsson makes more mistakes than Jones lol.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Tough game for the kid last night, but he wasn't alone. Leon had one to forget as well, so there's some good company. Against a top team we needed all systems go, with zero passengers and a healthy dose of great goaltending and luck to stand a chance. Still baffled as to why Manning drew in over Gravel. Gravel isn't a superstar, but imo, there is no comparison in ability to move the puck and make smart plays out of the zone. Perhaps the coach thought Manning would be needed for a potentially physical game. But really, the only physical thing of consequence he did all night, was to hit a 4th liner from behind with the puck nowhere near, and draw a stupid selfish game ending penalty from it. We don't have a good roster to begin with, but somehow, we still managed to muck up what we have.

Reactions: Skar and fresh meat

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
For the love of god get him back in the AHL. I like Jones but he is so far from NHL ready it’s not even funny. He needs another two years in the AHL.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
You can't have a noob up and not expect noobs things to occur sometimes.

I think he's been pretty good for the most part.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
For the love of god get him back in the AHL. I like Jones but he is so far from NHL ready it’s not even funny. He needs another two years in the AHL.
Another 2 years in the AHL? Should probably just get rid of him then, if he’s not ready for top 4 by the time he’s 23, odds are he never will be

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jones seems to be a guy that really works on his game. This stretch of games should give him and his brother a lot to go over in the summer.

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yamamoto offers nothing right now at the NHL level. He still needs another season in the minors after this one.
I don't know that he needs that much, a lot can happen in one year. I would however not be banking on him to be in the top 6 next year until we see what we have with him at camp next year.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Jones' time here was awesome and somethign to be optimistic about.

I wish he got sent down before stumbling as hard as he did but if anyone can recover, it is him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad