Prospect Info: Caleb Jones (Re-called 12/12/18)

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by PistolPete, Jun 23, 2017.

1. YakDavid

YakDavid Registered User

I agree with this. Though Petrovic has been pretty bad in the games he played. Manning didn't make sense at any point. Regardless of assets used. Russell came back what 3 games after the trade? A stopgap internally made way more sense than spending assets towards something that is not an upgrade. Jones has been a pleasant surprise and has been getting more minutes each game. When every defenseman is healthy he should be on the 3rd d pairing but might not be due to terrible asset management.

2. fuswald

fuswald I'd Be Fired

You might also be fuhrious if you don't get the drunken debauchery
    :naughty:

3. walktheboulavard

walktheboulavard Registered User

I'd be asking the same question myself if he didn't look like the 2nd or 3rd best dman each and every game he's played.

There has been some reports that Jones has been gaining interest and traction as a good young defenseman around the league however. I couldn't help but think Uh Oh, when I heard that a couple of times.

I wonder what this means for the upcoming expansion draft too, can we protect him? I think maybe Russel, and Sekera's contract come off the books also Larsson will be entering UFA, I wonder if they can agree on signing him after the expansion so they could protect Jones. Because, if they can't protect Jones we'll most likely lose him to draft expansion. That would suck.