Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Also said no to Sakic offering him Elc. For a young kid being offered big money for the first time, turning down his elc and bonuses and putting off his paycheck in favor of proper development.
Maybe he just liked the chicks? Being the star of the hockey team probably doesn't hurt. :sarcasm:

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Eagles are in a playoff spot, 9 points ahead of Tucson and 10 points ahead of Stockton. Would love to see how Makar does in the AHL playoffs.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Being the star of an NHL team making millions doesn't impress the ladies.
It's more about demographics and proximity. In college, you're the hockey star, surrounded by college age females.

In the NHL, you're just the guy who looks too young to be on the team, and probably unrecognised in public.

Entirely different scenarios.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's more about demographics and proximity. In college, you're the hockey star, surrounded by college age females.

In the NHL, you're just the guy who looks too young to be on the team, and probably unrecognised in public.

We all just assuming Cale likes women lol. For all we know he thinks @Bubba Thudd cute. We don't know.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
We all just assuming Cale likes women lol. For all we know he thinks @Bubba Thudd cute. We don't know.
Why_don't_we_have_both.gif

Reactions: cgf

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

Maybe the US is different. But coming from a poor country the idea of the fame and millions of being a pro sports star sound like it would outweigh being a college sports star.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Maybe the US is different. But coming from a poor country the idea of the fame and millions of being a pro sports star sound like it would outweigh being a college sports star.
It's more about awareness than anything. In college, your status is very obvious, and promoted. As a rookie on a NHL team in Denver...not so much lol

Im obviously joking with all of this.

Reactions: MacBradley

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It's more about awareness than anything. In college, your status is very obvious, and promoted. As a rookie on a NHL team in Denver...not so much lol

Im obviously joking with all of this.

Because Makar doesn't like girls? And prefers beefy hfboard posters?

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
People are raving about how Brannstrom looked in Ottawa last night, and I think that bodes well for young D trying to make the transition to the NHL. Players are taking less time to adjust now. I think Makar comes in as a top-4 D immediately, and I think he's our best D by mid-season next year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
People are raving about how Brannstrom looked in Ottawa last night, and I think that bodes well for young D trying to make the transition to the NHL. Players are taking less time to adjust now. I think Makar comes in as a top-4 D immediately, and I think he's our best D by mid-season next year.

It's good to set healthy expectations.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah I don’t care, we just watched Heiskanen do it for Dallas.

I can't wait for the "lotto gods screwed us out of Heiskanen" posts next year...

Miro's further along and developed faster than Makar thus far, why should that suddenly stop at the NHL level? Next season should be all about getting his feet wet and letting him start to figure the NHL out & set himself up to take over in year 2.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I can't wait for the "lotto gods screwed us out of Heiskanen" posts next year...

Miro's further along and developed faster than Makar thus far, why should that suddenly stop at the NHL level? Next season should be all about getting his feet wet and letting him start to figure the NHL out & set himself up to take over in year 2.

How do you know that until Makar plays? You don’t.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Seeing Makar in the NCAA this year has made me think he'll transfer right into a top 4 role next year. He's hit a whole new level in college, and with a little while to build confidence I think he's going to be meteoric in his rise up the ranks next season. Probably not Calder territory but he's going to end up being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad