Cale loses = Avs will never lose to the Canucks ever again

Reactions: Ararana

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I'm looking at the Calder race as a win/win:

Cale wins = Awesome, well deserved. The best man won

Winning the calder = $$$$ on his next contract. So from a roster building perspective it might be better if he doesn't win it. It's rather trivial anyways given that people like Adrian Dater are voting for it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Winning the calder = $$$$ on his next contract.

That doesn't really matter... the trio of Hughes, Dahilin, and Makar are setting the next defensemen RFA bar. Each has an argument to set it, and the Calder is far down on the list as to why they set it.

The Avs don't have to worry about it this year, but winning the Calder can trigger a large bonus. In Vancouver's case, it will trigger and overage and they will have a lower cap next season because of it.

Reactions: Richard88

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm looking at the Calder race as a win/win:

Cale wins = Awesome, well deserved. The best man won

Also, if Cale loses, it will make it that much sweeter when he continues to outclass Hughes every time they play. :naughty:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
As we've seen before, when it's close between an Avs player and someone in a major media market, the Avs player always comes in second. Rask over Varlamov, Hall over MacKinnon, and probably Hughes over Makar given the way things in the media are going.

Reactions: ljb4 and Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
As we've seen before, when it's close between an Avs player and someone in a major media market, the Avs player always comes in second. Rask over Varlamov, Hall over MacKinnon, and probably Hughes over Makar given the way things in the media are going.

I know Hughes fans won't agree, but that's the reason why it's close IMO.

I'm too biased to look at it completely objectively, but with Makar leading Hughes in almost every major statistical category, I just don't see an argument for why it's so razor close.

Cale missing 12 more games than Hughes is a non factor for me when no one had their health tested for 82 games anyway.

Reactions: arun and Murzu

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I think Makar wins and I don't believe that it will be particularly close. Whether that decision is justified or not is a different issue.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think Makar wins and I don't believe that it will be particularly close. Whether that decision is justified or not is a different issue.

I think either player winning can be justified. Makar had a better season by a little bit, but if they elect to give it to Hughes because he impacted his teams’ season more by playing in all the games, that’s fine too.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Canucks have just unveiled the Daniel and Henrik Sedin leadership award. The winner should be Hughes, who has displayed much poise in the face of the Avs fans detracting from his Calder-worthy season. Shame on you, Hughes haters. All hail Hughes!

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Canucks have just unveiled the Daniel and Henrik Sedin leadership award. The winner should be Hughes, who has displayed much poise in the face of the Avs fans detracting from his Calder-worthy season. Shame on you, Hughes haters. All hail Hughes!
Are you being sarcastic?

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
Gotta love McNab's color commentary on this:
"But here's... coming across, lays him, ho ho. You watch the puck, but now Makar, then they head down the ice.. perfect passing play, little drop pass, move the puck across... WOW!"

Can't get that kind of analysis anywhere else.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
"But here's... coming across, lays him, ho ho. You watch the puck, but now Makar, then they head down the ice.. perfect passing play, little drop pass, move the puck across... WOW!"

I like his enthusiasm. That's really all I care about with these PBPand color guys. Voice and enthusiasm. I don't care if they cant pronounce names or hit the sauce before games haha.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006

To be fair it was rather a "ho" or "heh" than a "ho ho", but I get your point.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I like his enthusiasm. That's really all I care about with these PBPand color guys. Voice and enthusiasm. I don't care if they cant pronounce names or hit the sauce before games haha.

I felt like he and McNabb had pretty poor chemistry this year, hopefully that gets better.

What’s crazy about that play, is how fast Makar turns around the net and gets out front of the Dallas players after Bishop makes the save.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I felt like he and McNabb had pretty poor chemistry this year, hopefully that gets better.

What’s crazy about that play, is how fast Makar turns around the net and gets out front of the Dallas players after Bishop makes the save
Makar is special. Don't care if he doesn't win the Calder. Im just glad we have another special player on this team besides Mackinnon.

Reactions: MaKarter

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m sure we overrate Makar here, but he’s definitely underrated on the main board.
upload_2020-6-30_17-19-56.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad