Cale Makar: 2nd Season Prophecies

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
His poise under pressure at the Blueline is amazing. Paired with his skating and it's just wild imagining the type of pressure we will be able to put on defenses.
I love the fake handoff with Landeskog. He turns his skates to shield the puck but also fake out the defenders.

Very similar move to the fake drop pass on the PP zone entry.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Vintage Makar. Not many defenceman have the creativity to do that fake drop pass at high speed like that.

That was probably my second favourite play of the playoffs. Only behind the goal where MacK forced a turnover and saucered a pass to Mikko, who one-timed it out of the air.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think he might tear his ACL in the first half.

204.gif

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I don't have Facebook but I could still watch this video.

Cale Makar video

It is #smashfest which is a ping pong tournament for charity. They have Cale Makar talk to an artist who designs a custom ping pong table that will be sold for the cause.

Cale's interview and design starts at about 13 minutes in.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think someone else shared this a little while ago, but I finally got around to watching it today.

Makar’s mentality towards the game and demeanour in games reminds me so much of Sakic.

Edit: @MaKarter with the original share of the vid.

Last edited:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Don’t ask me how I went down this rabbit hole...

Between the regular season and playoffs Cale Makar has played 82 NHL games.

In that time he’s scored 7 game winning goals.

If you equate his 82 games to one season, according to my research, that’s the second most game winning goals by a defenceman in NHL history in a season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Don’t ask me how I went down this rabbit hole...

Between the regular season and playoffs Cale Makar has played 82 NHL games.

In that time he’s scored 7 game winning goals.

If you equate his 82 games to one season, according to my research, that’s the second most game winning goals by a defenceman in NHL history in a season.

Can I guess? Did you start it when you were looking into Cale's expansion eligibility?

Quite an impressive feat by Cale btw. Looks like OEL is 1st with 8, and Derek Morris, Dion Phaneuf, and OEL again are tied with a bunch of people for 2nd though with 7, so it may be a bit flukey.

Al MacInnis tied for 2nd with 7 GWG's in 61 games is the real impressive one on the list. Same with Hooley Smith in 1933 with 7 GWG's in 48 games, but who the hell knows what the hockey was like in 1933?

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Can I guess? Did you start it when you were looking into Cale's expansion eligibility?

Quite an impressive feat by Cale btw. Looks like OEL is 1st with 8, and Derek Morris, Dion Phaneuf, and OEL again are tied with a bunch of people for 2nd though with 7, so it may be a bit flukey.

Al MacInnis tied for 2nd with 7 GWG's in 61 games is the real impressive one on the list. Same with Hooley Smith in 1933 with 7 GWG's in 48 games, but who the hell knows what the hockey was like in 1933?

Haha I think that’s where it started.

Kind of a weird little stat, but a neat accomplishment for Cale. Especially considering he was a rookie.

MacInnis played in a pretty high scoring era, but regardless the dude was a monster and might of had the best shot of all time.

Reactions: Foppa2118

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Haha I think that’s where it started.

Kind of a weird little stat, but a neat accomplishment for Cale. Especially considering he was a rookie.

MacInnis played in a pretty high scoring era, but regardless the dude was a monster and might of had the best shot of all time.

I think Chara has the hardest shot of all time but you kind of expect that from a guy with his height and strength. Al's shot was hard but also accurate. I never seen him hit a teammate in front of the net ever.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
I'd like to see what Iafrate and McInnis would do with a graphite stick. I remember McInnis putting a hole in the boards with his shot during warmups and breaking goalies fingers when the poor sod tried to catch one of his bombs. But the best slapshot of all time belongs to Ray Bourque, to have that speed with so much accuracy is mindblowing. As for Chara, I really don't rate his shot all that much. He needs way too much time to get it off.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Cale being 5th in Norris Trophy odds should speak to the expectations he has going into this season. Even the oddsmakers think he's poised to push for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad