Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He isn't signed yet. They signed Bitten and Pezzetta. Fleury is eligible to play pro next year so he could very well be signed in time for next season. But at this moment, he isn't signed yet.

Why is Fleury eligible? Because he was born in 1998?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Because he's 20 in november. If you turn 20 before January you can play in the AHL.

So basically you have to be born in 1998. Poehling was born Jan. 3, 1999. So he misses the cut by 3 days.

Walford was born Jan. 12, 1999.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Why is Fleury eligible? Because he was born in 1998?

Because he will be 20, but also because he's already completed 4 years of Junior. He can still be sent back to Junior for his overage season and Habs still hold his rights until June 1st, 2019. So there is no rush exactly. But he can play pro next year (whether Montreal or Laval).

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Because he will be 20, but also because he's already completed 4 years of Junior. He can still be sent back to Junior for his overage season and Habs still hold his rights until June 1st, 2019. So there is no rush exactly. But he can play pro next year (whether Montreal or Laval).
You think he’s ready??....numbers are pretty impressive and he’s physically mature it would seem??

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Overage CHL players rarely do anything significant in the NHL. If he can't play in the AHL at 20 he's unlikely to be good.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I think he will be signed. The year after we will have to sign Brooks, Walford, & Tsyka. Hard to find 4 spots in one year for defensemen if you want all of them to get significant AHL time. It will also stagger being waiver eligible after 3 years.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Cale Fleury’s season ended last night. He turns 20 early into the next season which makes him eligible for the AHL. Does he get signed to a PTO and play some games in Laval?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Cale Fleury’s season ended last night. He turns 20 early into the next season which makes him eligible for the AHL. Does he get signed to a PTO and play some games in Laval?

I say do it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think he will be signed. The year after we will have to sign Brooks, Walford, & Tsyka. Hard to find 4 spots in one year for defensemen if you want all of them to get significant AHL time. It will also stagger being waiver eligible after 3 years.

Walford needs a much better season next year to be signed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Yeah Walford is disappointing. Ikonen too.

Id rather have Fleury, Poehling, Brooks; Tyszka and Primeau progressing really well though, thats a good draft even with two 2nd rounders looking meh.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah Walford is disappointing. Ikonen too.

Id rather have Fleury, Poehling, Brooks; Tyszka and Primeau progressing really well though, thats a good draft even with two 2nd rounders looking meh.
Ikonen ended his season strong, enough so that I'm willing to still be optimistic, he was 100% better in the playoffs than he was to start the year. I've probably seen him play 10 times this year, plus the WJC, so I'm confident being a bit categorical in my assessment.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ikonen we probably would have hoped would have produced more and his WJC wasn't super great.. but the talent is there and his game has come a long way from the beginning of the season.

Next season will be critical, he's gonna have to up his production.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Yeah pretty much everyone thought that Walford was a reach in the 3rd round. Was hoping for a forward there, like Mattheos or Entwistle, Reedy, Henry, Popugayev...

Oh well, hope he becomes a bit more assertive in the way he plays.

And Fleury, damn, just love the way he plays. But hope he doesn't become a wreck in his own zone in the A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad