Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Interesting, why did he fall so far?

Because he's all skills and wanting in hockey IQ. The exact opposite of Brook, for example, who is all hockey IQ and wanting in skill. Between the two of them, I still kind of feel like we got only one toolbox, and only one set of tools to go in it. We'll see, though.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Because he's all skills and wanting in hockey IQ. The exact opposite of Brook, for example, who is all hockey IQ and wanting in skill. Between the two of them, I still kind of feel like we got only one toolbox, and only one set of tools to go in it. We'll see, though.
Habs about to start brain transplanting. Draft two players with certain skills and turn them into one Superstar. ;)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Awesome news! Finally a team to go with the player. Can't wait to see how it will translate.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What’s up with the Pats this season anyways? Sam Steel isn’t dominating like before.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
What’s up with the Pats this season anyways? Sam Steel isn’t dominating like before.
A few key vets from last year graduated (Brooks,Leedahl and Hobbs in particular) and there's been a few missing pieces due to injury ( Austin Wagner and Nick Henry) .The balance/chemistry isn't quite the same right now. There's still a lot of offensive potential in the lineup though, hopefully Fleury will fill the hole Hobbs left on the blueline.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Much better player than Walford, god knows how Walford went ahead of him.

I had Walford in my list of guys to pick....but in NO WAY did I have him scheduled to go that early. I have no idea what they saw in him to choose him that soon.

Mind you, going back to Fleury, I also had him on my list, just like Brook, but there's a possibility that he becomes better than Josh. Like his progression so far.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He is a number 1C, or at the very least well on his way of being one. He's also a key building block for the Canucks and their next captain.

Maybe he's not going to be a premier #1 center, but that's not exactly the same thing.

No actually Fleury plays D. ;)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Cale Fleury thread? Just read a dozen straight posts without mention of the guy. Is he ready for the AHL or stay in the WHL?

Absolutely gonna play pro hockey next year. Didn't we just sign him? He is big and relatively mobile and has a knack for jumping in to the play, especially off the forecheck. Doesn't skate as well as Petry and is a bit tougher, but might be able to have the same kind of impact eventually BEST CASE SCENARIO. He is around the same size and looks a bit like him as he skates heads up like him. He will likely need a few years in the AHL before we have a better idea.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Absolutely gonna play pro hockey next year. Didn't we just sign him? He is big and relatively mobile and has a knack for jumping in to the play, especially off the forecheck. Doesn't skate as well as Petry and is a bit tougher, but might be able to have the same kind of impact eventually BEST CASE SCENARIO. He is around the same size and looks a bit like him as he skates heads up like him. He will likely need a few years in the AHL before we have a better idea.

He isn't signed yet. They signed Bitten and Pezzetta. Fleury is eligible to play pro next year so he could very well be signed in time for next season. But at this moment, he isn't signed yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad