Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
You guys think that Pateryn is a good comparable?? Or Fleury got more potential??
Seem pretty easy to say that Fleury has more potential they might end up having the same role in the NHL but Fleury will probably establish him self earlier and probably end up playing more games just base on him being a better skater.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I always thought he was a steal at 87th overall. He played on a very bad team and that probably did not help his draft ranking. He was a -61 in his draft year . His brother was picked 7th by Carolina and I would argue Cale May become the better player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I always thought he was a steal at 87th overall. He played on a very bad team and that probably did not help his draft ranking. He was a -61 in his draft year . His brother was picked 7th by Carolina and I would argue Cale May become the better player.

No doubt about it, C Fleury is haveing a solid 1st year in the AHL. Kind of flying under the radar which is a good thing in terms of pressure and expectations.

Fleury is a -11 though which is 2nd last on the team. Something he needs to work at. I know there is a maturity difference but he is producing similar to Ouellet in both points production and +/-.

He also has 8 goals and 4 PPG which I like a lot.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Hayden's carreer is stagnating, drafted in 2014, he only has 5 pts in 23 games this year in the AHL...

Reactions: Stive Morgan

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Another goal last night

absolutly love how he read that play and that shot gave 0 chances to the goaltender! He's getting realy confident!

i realy wish Brook or Fleury (especially Brook) Pans out before Petry becomes UFA so we can trade him and refresh our prospect pool even more or trade for young LHD. lets be real here, Weber is going no where... with these kids pushing (Brook, Fleury, Juulsen) we'll need to make room for them to play quality minutes, Weber could be the Mentor!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fleury's certainly on a roll, in his last 7 games, 4 goals, 7 pts, E, 4 pims.

Even is nice to see. He certainly has offensive ability but needs to work at being a reliable option in his own end if he wants the trust of a NHL coach. It's only his 1st AHL season so I think it's reasonable to assume he will improve in that area.

It would be nice to see his +/- difference from the 1st half vs the 2nd half?

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Even is nice to see. He certainly has offensive ability but needs to work at being a reliable option in his own end if he wants the trust of a NHL coach. It's only his 1st AHL season so I think it's reasonable to assume he will improve in that area.

TheAHL.com

if you split his season in half, from the start to Jan 19th, 26 games, -6, since then 25 games, -5

overall he's been a minus player 18 games, a plus player 10 times and even 23 times.

Reactions: Victorius

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
TheAHL.com

if you split his season in half, from the start to Jan 19th, 26 games, -6, since then 25 games, -5

overall he's been a minus player 18 games, a plus player 10 times and even 23 times.

Thanks for showing this. I have not got a chance to see him play a lot so looking forward to when I get a chance to see a solid sample size. We have to be careful with +/- but it does show you some info. Pretty sure Bouchard will work with him to get better in his own end.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We got ourselves a player with the Rocket who dabbles in player scouting. Hopefully, he's right about this particular assessment ...

All this time I thought that hyperbole was mostly an HF staple.

Who's sharing Lindgren's enthusiasm?

Reactions: Redux91

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

+/- means nothing, zero, zilch etc.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We got ourselves a player with the Rocket who dabbles in player scouting. Hopefully, he's right about this particular assessment ...

All this time I thought that hyperbole was mostly an HF staple.

Who's sharing Lindgren's enthusiasm?

Special may be strong, but hes really, really good. Hes up there with Romanov IMO.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Then why did the NHL stop awarding the Bud Light Plus and Minus award? Because they realized the stat was meaningless based on the winners...

The issue with +/- is how you use it. It has more value than zero. Why do coaches bench players who are on the ice when we are scored on several times in a game or in a few game sample size? This has nothing to do or is tied to +/- right? It goes deeper than just looking at the +/- but you can get value from it when you actually watch the games and look at the circumstances behind it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The issue with +/- is how you use it. It has more value than zero. Why do coaches bench players who are on the ice when we are scored on several times in a game or in a few game sample size? This has nothing to do or is tied to +/- right? It goes deeper than just looking at the +/- but you can get value from it when you actually watch the games and look at the circumstances behind it.
Meh, it's arguably the most useless main stream stat there is. There's so many elements that need to be taken into consideration compared to other stats and in the end, it's still not an accurate representation of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad