Calder Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Eminger is pulling a Barret Jackman and is one of the best, if not the best caps dman currently. He's been playing 23 minutes of virtually mistake free hockey. If that's not enough to contend seriously for the Norris, than I don't know what is.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Pitkanen

1G 2A for 3 points in 4 games and all on the Power Play.
Watched him in every game this year and he is definitely the real deal.
Already clocking 20 mins of ice time per game and surged our Power Play. 6 PP goals for Philly, that's almost as many as we had all of last year.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Bonzai said:
Eminger is pulling a Barret Jackman and is one of the best, if not the best caps dman currently. He's been playing 23 minutes of virtually mistake free hockey. If that's not enough to contend seriously for the Norris, than I don't know what is.

Surely you mean Calder, and not Norris.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN said:
Ruutu? Jeez, end up a crappy team (although they did a number on the young up and coming Nashville predators the other night :) ) and you get forgotten about.

Since when did anyone characterize that team as 'up and coming'?

Everyone I have read here says they were stupid to dump their 'experienced' D-men and would be lucky to finish 5th in the Central division. :joker:

BTW, Nice goal by Ruutu last night-- he was overdue. But he will have to crank up the points production if he wants a shot at the Calder. Impact on a team counts for nothing. If it did, Tootoo might have a chance, as he has changed the way the team plays tremendously (except last night). Witness Preds penalty minutes if you want to get a clue.

All Star United

Mar 1, 2002
Liverpool
EroCaps said:
Caps: Eminger, Gordon, Semin

Eminger has been playing nearly 20 min. a game as is, would be a frontrunner if not for a pitiful D-Corps. It's eating his +/-. He's been wonderful.

Semin and Gordon both on the board.

Eminger wonderful??? Against the Habs he was horrible. Very very bad game...

thestonedkoala

Brent Burns for right now, he isn't doing half bad either on a bad Minnesota Wild team. And if they continue to tank it, watch for Matt Foy, Rickard Wallin, Kyle Wanvig, and Mika Hannula to come up along with Z Michalek and Chris Heid.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Marc-Andre Fleury's stats through his three starts...

Code:
GP GS MIN W L T GA GAA SOG SV   SV% ENG SO 
3  3  184 1 1 1 6 1.98 118 112 .949  1  0

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
JasonMacIsaac said:
Raycroft has been the best rookie, but I don't think he is eligible. Fleury is hands down favorite right now.

I think almost everyone forgot someone.... M-A Fleury!! when is the last time a keeper won the calder? Brodeur? 35 saves tonight.. yet again he is great and this guy as franchise player with legend potential writting all over him he just allowed one goal tonight against the canes.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Euro said:
Evgeni Nabakov not too long ago won the calder I beleive.

yeah i know.. but a 18 years old, i mean.. so far all those who win will be futures hall of famers (Roy? Brodeur?).

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
cyrisweb said:
2 goals 2 assits in 6 games now. If he keeps up a similar pace you never know.

add +1 goal... powerplay game winning goal.

I seriously think unless Ruutu and Pitkanen step it up, King has a decent shot at this Calder.

...that is if M-A Fleury gets killed in a freak wheat thresher accident

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Mathew Stajan has been the leafs best forward in limited minutes with 3 points in 6 games. An intelligent playmaker with great speed who excels on faceoffs. He'll get a chance to play with Sundin and Mogilny later in the season.

Eat It

Aug 8, 2002
boston
Visit site
Bergeron has 1-5-6 totals in 7 games and a +4. He's getting minutes on the PP and late in games. Could be a dark horse coming out of the second round.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
So far, the top canidate to me is Patrice Bergeron. What a surprise!

By the way, Canucks rookie forward, Jason King's stats:

5 GP, 3 Goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +4, 4 PIM's

I certainly think he is, along with perhaps Marc-Andre Fleury and maybe a few others are the secondary canidates, after Bergeron.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Mizral said:
So far, the top canidate to me is Patrice Bergeron. What a surprise!

By the way, Canucks rookie forward, Jason King's stats:

5 GP, 3 Goals, 2 assists, 5 points, +4, 4 PIM's

I certainly think he is, along with perhaps Marc-Andre Fleury and maybe a few others are the secondary canidates, after Bergeron.

As of now....

So far the top 3:

1- MA-Fleury
2- Patrice Bergeron
3- Dan Hamhuis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad