Calder odds

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
3 Calder winners in 5 years with Gary Suter in '86, Nieuwendyk in '88, and Makarov in '90.. Iginla as runner-up to Berard in '97, but no Flames rookies worthy of Calder consideration in the past 17 years (unless you count Phaneuf, whom everyone and their dog knows had no chance of winning it that year). Still lots of hockey to be played, but I wonder whether Johnny will be in the mix come season's end versus the aforementioned, as well as Severson for the Devils.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd be willing to give Johnny a good chance at the Calder.
Everyone has been writing him off, except real experts and Flames fans, why I love him so much lol.

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
This is all they had to say. Im surprised that Severson isn't on here as a finalist. Overall he has out preformed Johnny.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think he'll win it, hes getting a ton of media hype and it would be an amazing story. Also he'll get no shortage of ice time and he's our best forward.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I will go out on a limb and make 2 very bold predictions.

1. The winner will be a first time winner
2. The winner will be a rookie

Last edited:

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
Pearson had a hot start but I'm not sure he can sustain it. Haven't seen Severson play yet. We all know Johnny. But I think Forsberg is the favourite this year. He's playing a big role on a very good Nashville tea. He looks like he's been playing the league for years.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
Was just checking out the points per game leaders amongst all qualifiers (3 gp or more) and saw 2 flames not the one that's getting all the press though. He's been great too though.

1. NSH- Forsberg 1.000
1. CAL- Granlund 1.000
3. CAL- Jooris .714

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
If they were to hand out the Calder tomorrow, Pearson gets it. Who's gonna get the Calder in June? Gaudreau, Gibson, Kuznetzov, Ekblad, Drouin, Severson, Forsberg, Draisaitl, Horvat etc?

The betting website that I use lists a few favourites and an option called "playing the field" that means anybody not on their list. I bet on Kuznetzov and "playing the field". So far I feel pretty good. Pearson and Severson are playing the field...............And so is Jooris!!

BTW, what did you guys think of Kuznetzov tonight? I thought he was ...........meh.

We should make a general awards prediction thread, and keep it going all season.

Gio and Brodie both got their 9th assist tonight. Early Norris longshots.

Hiller 14 games in should be a Vezina favourite and a Hart longshot.

Give Hartley the Adams.

Bouma is currently top 20 in Selke IMO.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Kucherov looks good too.

Yes he does, and playing with Johnson and Palat shows how impressive he is. While those are good players, it's not as if he is being a beneficiary of Stamkos. Tampa has an embarrassing wealth of good young forwards. I don't know why they don't trade Connolly for a dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad