GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 6 | Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch | 06/18 | 7:00 PM

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
The last 3 games were officiated pretty damn near perfect, those "fans" are uneducated. This was hard for me as a diehard Crunch fan (hometown team since I was like 3 years old) and a huge diehard Wings fan. HUGE Nyquist fan, met him and got pics and autographs, great guy.

For the Griffins, Sheahan is definitely going to be good I think, along with Jurco. Whoever builds up Ferraro to be something good I don't think he is that good and was invisible to me. I also have no idea what Babcock sees in Lashoff...

Tatar, my god do I hate him. He is super good, yet couldn't stay up with the Red Wings then absolutely lights up my Crunch:rant:.

Wings younger guys are good, and should be playing over these wash ups on the Wings. They just beat a team 4-2 in a series that was 11-1 in the playoffs. Open your eyes Kenny. If the Crunch were to lose, at least it was against the Griffins.

Sheahan to me seems like he'll round out into a 40 to 50-point, 200-foot player who you can have on the ice with the game on the line. He won't be a star but he'll be the kind of rock-steady guy you win with.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Sheahan to me seems like he'll round out into a 40 to 50-point, 200-foot player who you can have on the ice with the game on the line. He won't be a star but he'll be the kind of rock-steady guy you win with.

Bingo...he is pretty strong/stocky...he seemed to be decent on faceoffs and just is dependable, Sheahan/Callahan/Ferraro was a line tonight and outworked the crunch and combined for 2 or 3 of the goals in some way.

He may be like a Doan kind of guy, Ryan Smyth kind of. Digs in the corners, 40-50 points, very strong.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
For those of you who were able to watch most of the playoffs how did Tatar look when compared to Nyquist & who was your surprise performer in the playoffs?

tatar and nyquist sometimes play like twins. nyquist is making plays and tatar has a nose for the net. they play so well together. tatar really deserves to be MVP. he played on a high level every single night.

but the whole team did. a lot of guys showed up in the POs. some guys were already mentioned in this thread. i would like to mention callahan. 6 goals and 5 assists, that is really special for a guy who played limited time early in the season but earned himself more later on. useful on PK too. callahan has more to offer than just fighting.

and one guy deserves a lot of credit. jan mursak, who already signed with a KHL club for next season, played with a lot of heart, ended up 2nd best scorer for the team and was playing his best hockey. it's a shame he never managed to stay healthy when he could have gotten a chance in detroit, but he really was a big part of this cup.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
Tatar was by some margin the most dominant player offensively, his stickhandling is better than Nyquist and his shot is more accurate, he also has better balance. He is not as fast on his skates as Nyquist and doesn't backcheck quite as hard as Andersson, but he is probably the closest we have in the organization to someone with Datsyuk's stick handling and take away ability.

Not so. Nyquist shot isn't as good, but he's a better skater, a better stickhandler, and much better defensively.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not so. Nyquist shot isn't as good, but he's a better skater, a better stickhandler, and much better defensively.

QFT, he also is a little more consistent in what he brings. When Tatar is rolling though it is a joy to watch. Still think Nyquist has a higher hockey IQ and all the things you just listed.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Screenshot2013-06-18at102230PM_zps8a403e4c.png

eafndy.jpg

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Oh yes! Grand Rapids Griffins!

I've been quite frustrated with them not doing much in the Playoffs before, or not being there at all. Because even though it's a development league, experiences like this gives players a whole lot. If the Red Wings wants to challenge for the Stanley Cup at all given times, we need a team that can challenge for the Calder Cup most of the time. And, I don't mean that they should win every season, but the team has to be expected to be competitive.

How shall one expect players to be competitive in the NHL, if they are not in the AHL.

Again, congrats Griffins!

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
congrats griffins. great win, richly deserved and hopefully a good chunk of that team go on to be regulars with the wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can't wait to earn all the points we used for our GM Tracker....

Wait this isn't Be a GM Mode :sarcasm:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just don't put them into pro scouting the last thing we need is more stupid trade offers. Hopefully they're put into Assistant Coach & Medical stuff. ;)

I play with injuries off so I just throw everything on Assistant Coach and Amateur Scouting. I'm a cheater, I know ;)

Mostly it's just a pain in the ass since I simulate all my games and I don't want to have to stop to mess around with editing the rosters haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad